Monday, July 1, 2013

To My Baby Boy on his First Birthday


My Bubba Boy,
I cannot believe how quickly this year has gone by!  It really does seem like only yesterday I was seeing you for the first time as the doctors worked on you.  In this first year you have brought us more love, joy, and happiness than I could have ever imagined.  I always knew being a mommy would change my life, but I never realized how absolutely wonderful it would be.  You have made this journey so much better than I could have ever hoped for. 

Each and every day you wake up with your infections smile and “happy sounds.”  I can’t help but smile along with you, even if it is only 6 a.m.!  

I love how much you love Daddy and me.  The hugs and wet, slobbery kisses are the best cures for bad days at work. 

Don’t ever doubt how much we love you.  I cannot even find the words to express how much Daddy and me absolutely cherish everything you have done for us.  I always wished for a baby boy, but I never knew how much that baby boy would actually “make” my life.  I really don’t think I started living until I held you that first time.  You have made everything worth living and working for.  I promise to always do my best as your mother and know that I will love you forever. 

With all my love, forever and always,
Mommy


“I’ll love you forever,
I’ll like you for always,
As long as I’m living
My baby you’ll be.”
~Love You Forever

No comments:

Post a Comment