Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Five weeks two days

This begins my blogging journey that hopefully will last nine months and beyond. This is actually being drafted and saved in Microsoft Word until I am ready to tell the world about the little bundle of joy that is growing in my belly.
Some background:
Last Sunday I took a pregnancy test that came back negative one day before I was supposed to start my period. For some reason I just had a feeling I was pregnant. About 6 days after I thought I ovulated I experienced some severe stomach pains that I initially attributed to the devastating news I had heard about one of my students. Then I tried running to prep for my measly 5K, (I had run a half marathon about 2 weeks prior) and I could not muster up the strength to run 2 miles. There was something seriously wrong. Usually when I am tired running wakes me up, and by mile two I am feeling invigorated. Not so much this time, I had zero energy. I figured it was just from the stress I was experiencing at work.
I rested up and hoped for better results next week. No such luck! Pretty much everyday after school I came home and slept. I thought it was how my body was coping with the secondary trauma I had experienced. Then when the following Saturday rolled around, I knew I needed to get my butt into gear. The 5k was just a week away and I had to be able to run more than a mile. Ha, I barely finished one mile and had to walk the rest of the way home. Whenever I tried to run I barely made it ¼ of a mile without feeling like I was going to keel over! I was exhausted and wanted to puke!
So the next day when I took the test and it came back negative I was a little bummed that I had no excuse for my less than stellar running performance. However, I didn’t lose hope. The test said it was over 99% accurate when taken on the day of your missed period. That was still a day away.
Well, Monday seemed to last forever. I had cramps. I felt sick. I just knew it would come. And it didn’t. I went to bed with every intention of taking another test Tuesday morning.
4:15 came and still no period. I took the test and waited. And then I saw it. A super light purple test line. I open the bathroom door and told Kiel. He hugged me. That’s it.
We didn’t sing.
We didn’t dance.
We didn’t cry.
It was nothing like what I had pictured telling him would be like. I guess it was because neither of us really believed it. I mean, it was a Dollar Tree pregnancy test after all!
All day Tuesday I planned on my monthly visitor to make her appearance. Still nothing. Nothing but serious cramping.
Well one blood test later and a whole lot of cramps. Here I am, 5 weeks and 2 days preggo! Who woulda thunk it?

- The Weekly List -
How far along? 5 Weeks 2 Days
Total weight gain/loss: I have inadvertently lost about 3 pounds. Could be due to my food aversions as well as losing some muscle mass since I am no longer training for a ½ marathon.
Maternity clothes? No. My pants are actually feeling a bit loose.
Stretch marks? Negative. Any suggestions to prevent these?
Sleep: I can’t get enough. I have been leaving work with the kids everyday this week. (I.have.never.done.this.EVER!)
Best moment this week: Getting flowers from the hubby just because.
Miss Anything? I made (what I think was) killer Sangria for some friends that came over this weekend and I watched Kiel down the last of it and THROW AWAY the alcohol infused fruit. Major bummer!
Movement: No...
Food cravings: Nothing really, but can’t stop eating all the Halloween candy everywhere.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not yet. Just feel sick when I wait too long between snacks.
Have you started to show yet: Nope. Waiting for the day one of my 10 year olds asks if I am pregnant.
Gender prediction: Boy. I’ve had two dreams about boys already.
Labor Signs: Absolutely not!
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but stressed that I can’t do everything that I usually do without feeling exhausted.
Looking forward to: My appointment next Thursday Nov 10. Probably too early still to hear a heartbeat, but I’m hopeful!


No comments:

Post a Comment