Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Week Ago

A few minutes ago while walking around rocking my little boy to sleep I looked at the clock and realized that this time last week we made the call to my doctor saying my contractions were five and a half minutes apart for one hour and he said, "Why don't you come on in and we will check you out."

We finished packing our bags, grabbed some snacks, and I took a quick shower.  Then we were on our way.

As we drove down the street I couldn't help but think that that could be the last time the two of us would be alone in the car together- "just the two of us."   Little did I know how much life would change in just a few hours.

I still can't believe that exactly 7 days ago at this time I hadn't laid eyes on my beautiful, perfect Maddex.  I can't believe how much my life was lacking then.  I can't even begin to describe how much my life has changed for the better.

I was born to be a mom and after nearly 30 years of waiting, my dream has finally come true.  I wish I could put into words all the love I feel for Maddex and Kiel, but all I am able to do when I think them is cry!   I am overwhelmed by my feelings of love and gratitude for having these two beautiful, amazing men in my life.  I am so incredibly blessed, and I vow to cherish every second with them for the rest of my life.  

1 comment:

  1. Isn't motherhood amazing ♥ and it just continues getting better. One day, sooner than you can ever imagine, your little baby boy will grow up to become a loving, caring parent ♥ the circle of life ♥ xoM

    ReplyDelete