Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Eleven Weeks



We had another busy week and I am beginning to realize that Maddex would much rather be out looking at people than just staying home with me! He absolutely loves people watching.  As long as he in his stroller and there are people or other interesting things to look at, he is in heaven.  He isn't too keen on just walking around the neighborhood. That is entirely too boring for my inquisitive little boy!

Last Thursday we were able to go on our first overnight away as a family.  We headed down to the Newport area where I rented a house for my sister's bachelorette party.  The owner could only meet on Thursday night or Saturday morning (the rental was from Friday) so we got a free night.   It was nice to put Maddex to bed and relax in a hot tub with my hubby looking at the stars and the boats on the ocean.  It was a very nice and unexpected getaway!  

On Friday morning Kiel headed out and the ladies began to trickle in for a weekend of celebrating my sister's "last night" as a single lady.  We had a great time and Maddex did a good job being a big boy for the weekend.  He loved being outside swinging in the adult swing with Mommy listening to the birdies and watching the boats.  The warm sea air was wonderful to breathe in!

Today I tried feeding him rice cereal since he is just so hungry.  He seemed to like the flavor since every time I brought the spoon to his mouth he opened it (at least until he got full), but he hasn't quite figured out how to move food from the front of his mouth to the back of it.  Lots of the food ended up on his bib.  




- The Weekly List -

11 Weeks Old
Total weight gain/loss:
Mom: Still 11 pounds under my weight and a pair of jeans I bought a few weeks before I got pregnant are now too big!  I am hoping to open my box labeled "Amanda's skinny clothes" soon!

Maddex: He is about 14 pounds.  He seems to be growing in length now and slowing down on the poundage. 

Sleep: He still wakes up 2 times a night.   

Best moment this week: Having a quiet moment with Maddex and Kiel when we were away.  It was very special.  We are so lucky to have each other!

Miss Anything?
I still miss not being able to sleep a full night.  But I have to remember this waking up in the middle of the night is short lived.  Soon enough he will be sleeping through the night and eventually I will struggle to wake him up! 



Looking forward to: Finding time to go apple and pumpkin picking as a family.   

Likes:
Mom: 
-Everything about this child. 
-Spending all day everyday with him.  It doesn't get old!

Maddex: 
-Spending time outside
-People watching
-Looking at himself
-Watching Mommy's hair shake
-Watching Mommy when she sticks out her tongue

Dislikes:
Mom: 
-When he screams in the car!

Maddex: 
-Being in my car seat
-Staying in one place for too long. I look to change what I am looking at!


Firsts
Mom
-Overnight away from home with my boy


Maddex:
-Spent then night in a rental
-Seeing the ocean
-Bachelorette party
-Cereal

No comments:

Post a Comment