Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Maddex is 2 Months Old!



So I took an 8 week photo, I just never got around to posting it so there it is along with his two month photo.

He is just getting so big and mature!  He is able to do so many things he couldn't do just a few weeks ago.  He is really holding up his head during tummy time and can look from side to side.  He even has gotten up on his forearms for a few seconds.  He "talks" so much now, especially to his favorite toy, a monkey one of my students got for him.  He smiles at everyone and I have even gotten to hear an awake laugh.  He is much happier and I think his belly is finally starting to get better.   He is able to play on his floor play gyms for much longer now.  One day he stayed on his kicking piano play mat for a half hour!

Today Kiel and I brought him out to dinner and while we were driving in the car he was making the cutest talking sounds. He actually sounded the way adults sound when talking to him-raising the pitch of his voice at the end of his sentence.  Kiel and I were laughing so hard.  It was (once again) the cutest thing ever!

On Thursday I brought him for his two month check up.  He weighed 13 pounds 5 ounces and was 23 3/4 inches long.  He is in the 87th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for length.  We have one BIG boy!   He also performed super well on Dr. Keefe's tummy time check up.  Maddex kept his head lifted and looked from side to side.  Our doctor was very impressed.  It was also time for his shots.  I knew I was going to have a hard time with this, but I didn't expect to start crying as soon as he did.  Once the nurse left, it took less than a minute for me to soothe him to sleep, but I had to stay in the room for at least another 5 minutes to contain myself.  It was awful to see my child in pain!

One thing I have noticed about his belly aches is that if I drink ginger ale, he seems to feel better.  I noticed this a few weeks ago and it really seems to be working.  I haven't read anywhere to do this, so maybe I'm on to some new trick!  Maybe this could be my million dollar idea.  Maybe not.

On Friday night we left Maddex with my parents for what was my longest time away from him so we could go to a wedding.   During my pregnancy, I was hoping I would be ready by this time to spend the night away.  But really, there was no way I was ready for it.  I didn't think Maddex would be ready either, but my mom said he was absolutely perfect.   Maybe someday soon we will spend the night apart.  Maybe not...

In other new news, Maddex seems to be starting a new phase...The thumb/finger sucking stage.  He would absolutely love it if he could consistantly find his thumb to suck on.  He hasn't become quite coordinated enough yet, but when he does find his thumb (opposed to his entire fist) he seems very happy sucking away.


- The Weekly List -

2 Months  Old
Total weight gain/loss:
Mom: I am now fluctuating between 8 and 10 pounds below my initial weight.  I'd like to lose another 5-10 pounds over the next few months.  No rush.  

Maddex: At his two month check up he was 13 pounds 5 ounces and 23.75 inches long.

Sleep: He is still on the same sleeping pattern.  The first night stretch seems to be getting a tad longer.  He usually sleeps for about 4 1/2-5 hours at the time.  What has gotten better is that he falls right back to sleep at both of his night feedings, which is a huge help.  Now I am up with him for about a half hour instead of the 1-2 hours we were up before.  

Best moment this week: Hearing him really communicating with us.  It is awesome to have a back and forth conversation with a two month old!  Seeing tons of smiles, especially first thing in the morning when he sees me. My heart just melts!  Having his belly aches less frequently.  He has been a much happier baby!  

Miss Anything? 
Being able to just go where ever I want whenever I want.  Every trip out is so calculated around his feeding schedule (or lack there of) and I certainly don't pack lightly anymore!



Looking forward to: Fall days with my awesome son!  

Likes:
Mom: 
-Seeing my baby smile and laugh.
-Hearing his talking voice
-When he stops crying/whimpering when he sees me coming to get him.  
-That I still have about 3 more months home with him.  He is so much fun! 
-When he talks to his toys or himself in the mirror.  

Maddex: 
-Being squeezed close to Mommy
-Bath time
-Kicking in the bath
-His play mats
-Standing up on our laps
-Sticking my tongue out
-Wearing only a diaper


Dislikes:
Mom: 
-When he cries and I can't figure out why
-When he poops in a perfectly clean diaper just minutes after changing him
-When he cries after getting out of the tub.  

Maddex: 
-Getting dressed
-Being passed from person to person at parties (he really prefers just hanging with me!)
-The smell of cigarettes.  He cries whenever a smoker talks to him. 


Firsts
Mom
-Went to a wedding and was away from my boy for over 8 hours!
-Went out to dinner with my two favorite boys
-Held my boy when he got his shots and we both survived! 

Maddex:
-Pig roast-he was such a good boy. 
-Being held by a kid-Broghan
-Finding his fingers. Boy does he love sucking them!
-First time at Mommy's school.  He was awesome while I was setting up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment