Thursday, September 6, 2012

Labor Photos

I was lucky enough to have my best friend in the labor and delivery room with me.  I was hoping to get some awesome first photos of Maddex right out of the womb.  Unfortunately, he had other plans and only Kiel was allowed in the operating room.  There, he wasn't even allowed to stand up and take a picture after he came out.  Either way, I'm happy I have these pictures of my labor and pushing.

Baby Boy's heart rate


Contractions-Not too bad yet...


P.M.

My dad came to visit until the epidural went in.

Mom and Dad left a benefit for Little League to come wait for Maddex. 

The last official picture of "Just the Two of Us"

Contractions getting worse. 

Trying to relax while they watch the Red Sox playing on the West Coast. 

This is when his heart rate started dropping with each contraction.  

Itty Bitty diapers

Watching his heart rate with concern

The Epidural was necessary in order for me to continue to breathe correctly during the contractions, keeping Baby Boy's heart rate as stable as possible.  This did not help the pain during pushing!!

My wonderful photographer ready for some action!


My support team!

Contractions getting closer and more intense

About to start pushing.  


Grabbing on for dear life.  The pain was so bad!

Pushing.  See my foot in the air?

In need of some oxygen


And this was about the time they decided it was time for a C-Section...

More photos to come...

1 comment:

  1. this seems like yesterday and a year ago all at once!! SO thankful for this experience and the photos! :) *lcd

    ReplyDelete