Tuesday, December 6, 2011

10 Weeks! (10 Weeks, 1 day)




So I am beginning to finally feel better.  I am ravenous in the mornings and I stuffed my face with all of my snacks by 9 this morning.  By 2pm I’m still feeling quite sluggish, but today I came home and did not nap.  In fact, I have been doing work nonstop since I got home at 4 (with a quick dinner break and a viewing of Two and a Half Men from last night).  So that is 3.5 hours of nonstop work, a break to document week 10, and I’ll be back at it in just a few minutes.  Sometimes I worry when I feel good that something is wrong with the baby.  I can’t wait to go for the heartbeat appointment next Tuesday.  I’m so hoping to be reassured that everything is okay.  I have no reason to believe anything will be wrong, but I just worry that when everything is going so well, there has to be some nasty curveball waiting to be thrown right at my head/heart. 

Other info I’d like to document for future pregnancies.  Week 10-be prepared to wake up THREE times each night to pee.  If you hold it you will find yourself on the verge of vomiting about 2 hours after you initially woke up (what’s up with that?  How are those two areas even connected?). 

Oh and I also swear I felt the baby move today on my drive home.  You all might think it was gas, but I know how that feels (yes, even the new gassy pregnant girl feeling) and it was not gas.  It felt like a strong butterfly wing tickling my inside. I keep thinking about the fact that the baby is only 1.5 inches long so what could I have been feeling?  Maybe it was just a whole body twitch, or a strong (future soccer ball kicking) leg.   Who knows, but it did feel pretty cool.  Way too cool for it to be gas!  [Note (from the 13 week preggo woman finally posting these):  It must have been gas.  Still no movement, even at 13 weeks]. 

 - The Weekly List -

How far along? 10 Weeks 1 Day

Total weight gain/loss: Still down about 3 pounds.  I have a feeling next week we will have a gain finally.  Eeek!

Maternity clothes? Nope, but my belly is really starting to show.  Three people who know at work commented on my bump yesterday.  Unfortunately, to the rest of the world, it still looks like I’m packing on the Christmas Cookie Pounds.    

Stretch marks? No, but I am getting fearful since my skin is super dry.  I need to invest in some cocoa butter.  

Sleep: Lots and lots still, although today I managed to survive without a nap.

Best moment this week: Telling one of my special former students I’m preggo for part of her sweet 16 present.  She is so flipping excited and requested invites to both my work and home baby showers.

Miss Anything? Having energy, deli meat (I refuse to microwave it)

Movement: Maybe

Food cravings: clementines and mangos.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really.  Just some smells and letting myself get too hungry. 

Have you started to show yet: Yeah, see above in the maternity clothes comment.  

Gender prediction: Boy still 

Labor Signs: Absolutely not!

Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most of the time.  Moody when I start to get super tired.

Looking forward to: Hearing baby (boy) next week.  I expect to hear a nice strong heartbeat (or maybe two, heeeheee).   

No comments:

Post a Comment