Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Week 13



So I am really starting to feel a whole lot better.  I haven’t had a headache in 3 days and haven’t been nauseous in about a month!  Even though the nausea is gone, I still have these crazy food aversions.  I feel like people have a hard time understanding this, but some foods I just don’t like anymore.  They don’t make me sick; I just have no desire to eat these foods.

I am on vacation this week.  I am hopeful the extra sleep will be good for me and I’ll be able to get a lot done around the house.  I’m determined to paint the master bed and bath, organize the office (which will become the guest room when the guest room becomes a nursery), get some schoolwork done, and organize our boxes in the basement.



- The Weekly List -

How far along? 13 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: All along I had my pre-baby weight wrong.  Last week I checked out my online medical chart and realized I weighed 4 pounds more at the beginning than I thought I did.  So I am actually down 12 pounds now.  I’m a little nervous considering by this point it is recommended to have gained about 1-5 pounds.  However, I’m sure I’ll make up for it in the weeks to come!

Maternity clothes? I purchased the Be Band (from the makers of the Bella Band and sold at Target for about $13 less), and my mom just got me the real Bella Band (thankfully in a different color) for Christmas. I have been using the Be Band every day that I don’t rock yoga pants.  I’m not a huge fan, but it definitely gets the job done.     

Stretch marks? Nothing yet  

Sleep: Still can’t get enough.

Best moment this week: Christmas, and getting lots of stuff for the baby and us!  Sharing the news with everyone at work and the rest of our family.

Miss Anything? Deli meat, nothing else really

Movement: Nope

Food cravings: I got my mom’s stuffed shells AND Gus’s creamy Italian dressing (one gallon to be exact!), not craving much more at the moment.

Food aversions: (new topic this week)  chicken, pork, chocolate, most other sweets, coffee.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not feeling sick at all!

Ailments: (another new topic to help me document my ailments for future pregnancies, please feel free to pass over this section since it is nothing more than me complaining!)  Gas pains!  Never experienced these before, but I am somewhat happy to know what my baby will be going through in about 6 months.  I never knew gas could cause such pain!  Minor cramping, which I am attributing to the growing and stretching of my uterus, I’ll call the doc in a few days if it continues.  Head aches.  Stiffness in my upper back/ shoulders.

Have you started to show yet: Yeah, but it still doesn’t look much like a baby bump.  Still just look fat!

Gender prediction: Boy.  Did the needle trick yesterday and once again BOY!

Labor Signs: Nopers

Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Super stressed this week, but felt happy for the most part!  Seeing the baby move was the happiest moment of my pregnancy!

Looking forward to: Shopping with mom and Core for maternity clothes this week.  Feeling the baby move for the first time!

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad you are feeling better!! even though all of the signs point to 'boy', i'm hoping for a girl!! ;) lcd*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Amanda, you don't know me but I've been friends with your mom for over 40 years ( wow did I really say that). I am enjoying your weekly updates and wish you much happiness at this exciting time in your life.
    My only advice is to enjoy each and everyday. God bless you and feel better soon, remember the outcome is a beautiful bouncing baby to love and cherish forever !!!!! KW P.S. I think it's a girl, their heartbeats are always faster than boys.

    ReplyDelete