Friday, December 30, 2011

Don't ya just love a bargain?

Yesterday was a pretty awesome shopping day with Mom and Core.  We headed down to the CT shoreline and did some shopping at the Stork Exchange in Westbrook.  That place is heaven for any woman on a budget.  I purchased 11 items (2 pairs of over the belly capris, a pair of black work pants, 7 shirts/sweaters, and a super cute black dress) all for $100.  I was a little overwhelmed by the price initially, but really it works out to less than $10 per item and 9 of the items were from Motherhood and the other two (one of the capris and the cute dress) from Target.  I easily saved about $400 off the retail price.

So what's so cool about this place?  Well, they have TONS of consigned maternity clothes. Their price system is pretty cool too.  They have the original price (most things start off in the $14 range except for higher end stuff) as well as 3 more price cuts that occur when certain dates pass right on their tags.  I loved finding that the clothes I picked were at one of the later dates and therefore a cheaper price!

Besides all the cute maternity clothes, they have a huge selection of designer children's clothes.  We already decided we will be headed back there in February, once we know the gender.  (I find it especially humorous that the two people who were the most disappointed that we planned to find out the gender are now the two most excited to start the baby's woredrobe-Mom and Corey!)

They also have a huge selection of consigned baby items (strollers, cradles, etc) and toys as well as a giant selection of new (and very reasonably priced) Melissa and Doug toys.

For those of you not in the market for maternity or kids' goods, they also have a wide selection of designer women's clothes, prom dresses, wedding dresses, purses, and jewelry.

I highly recommend everyone checks this place out!  I swear, you will not be disappointed.  However, if you are in the market for maternity clothes, I kindly ask you leave the cute, medium clothes for me to pick up at a later date!


Mom also picked up a cute piece of artwork for the baby's room, as well as a neat bead maze (<--similar), and a cute talking teddy bear/dog to stay at their house.  I love how excited she is for the baby!



After our super productive time at the Stork Exchange we headed to the Tangier Outlets.  There we focused on stuff for Nik's birthday, but we did stop into Motherhood. I found another cute, purple summer dress (Corey thinks I should wear it for my shower), and mom got me a bright PINK shirt (I'm having a girl, ya know) and another surprise.   Once we got home she shared the surprise with me.  It is an adorable picture frame for our ultrasound picture that reads "Coming Soon".   It also has lots of other quotes you can use, but the family all agreed that "Coming Soon" was the best.


We then ventured to a restaurant.  Great food-horrible service.

Then off to the Clinton Outlets.  By that time I had spent way more on myself than I anticipated so I focused on buying a few things for the bro then we were on our way home.   But not before stopping at Goodwill so Corey could pick up an ugly sweater for Chris (now that was an experience), and then Big Y to get Nik's ice cream cake.

Once I got to Mom and Dad's, I stuffed myself for the first time in about 4 months!  Not only was I able to eat the ice cream cake, but I had seconds!  And the second slice was huge!   The first trimester (and all the icky stuff that comes with it), is really coming to an end!

3 comments:

  1. that frame is adorable!! i love it!
    i am so glad that you had such a successful shopping day yesterday! live it up and treat yourself - you deserve it! :)
    *lcd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had known about the Stork Exchange. I was just at the outlets. I'll have to go back..sounds great!
    I think you are having a boy, too!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! You have to go back! You will love that place. I went nuts over all their clothes. It was overwhelming, but I love a bargain!!

    ReplyDelete