Monday, May 14, 2012

33 Weeks



Seven weeks to go!!!

Everything I have read said the third trimester is the one that drags.  I beg to differ!  These weeks are flying now!  Perhaps it is because I have so much going on and the weather is really nice.  Regardless, I am so happy these weeks are flying by!

Today I am feeling great.  Lately it seems like one day each week is rough.  Like, "I don't know how much longer I can go being pregnant" rough.   But it seems like I have far more good days than bad!

I am getting super excited for the birth.  Surprisingly, I am not nervous for the actual labor at this point at all!  I am more nervous about our first night home.  I think that will be a huge change for us and I really don't know how to prepare for it!

I am also approaching the "I don't want to be pregnant anymore" days.  It is kind of bumming me out that I am beginning to feel this way since I know I am so lucky to be able to carry Little Boy and have him 100% to myself right now.  But there is another part of me that just wants to be comfortable again! I want to be able to walk without getting out of breath, bend without my belly in the way, get dressed without having to strategically swing my undies so they hook on my foot....


-The Weekly List -

How far along? 33 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: +25 pounds.  Kept the weight gain down to a pound this week, which is great considering Little Boy probably gained about 1/2 a pound! 

Maternity clothes? Still feeling quite uncomfortable in most of my clothes.  My belly seems to be getting really low and very few of my pants fit comfortably right now.  

Stretch marks? None!!!

Sleep: Still not too much to complain about in this department.  I am certainly waking up more since I get quite uncomfortable if I stay on one side for too long.  I also have been noticing his weight shifts when I roll and it can be incredibly painful on my sides.  

Best moment this week: Getting our maternity pictures taken by my bestie, Lauren!  I can't wait to see how they came out!

Miss Anything? Mostly just feeling comfortable.  I really hate complaining about this, but right now I am kind of missing having my body to myself.  Making and carrying a baby is A LOT of work!!!

Movement: Moving a lot.  He totally shakes my body sometimes when he moves.  Kiel said the other morning I was sleeping and the baby's movements were totally causing me to jerk and shake.  He really isn't "kicking" anymore, it is definitely more like stretching and readjusting.  Sometimes when he gets into a weird position my whole stomach looks lumpy and uneven.  It is really crazy to see and feel!

Food cravings: Soda.  I kind of regret it every time I drink it since it makes me feel so bloated!

Food aversions: Nothing!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nothing!

Ailments: Bladder pressure.  And the newest ailment....swelling :(  My rings are now off, and my feet and ankles are swelling.  I hope it doesn't get much worse than this, I can handle the swelling I'm experiencing now, I just don't know if I can handle much more!

Have you started to show yet: I feel ginormous!  When I saw myself in some of Lauren's pictures when she was reviewing them on her camera, I couldn't believe that is how others see me.  On the bright side, after we took our 33 week picture tonight Kiel called me "gibeautiful!"  

Gender prediction: Beautiful baby boy. 

Labor Signs: No. Just that spotting scare from last week, which ending up being nothing to worry about.  I have been noticing a few more braxton hicks contractions, but nothing crazy.  

Belly Button in or out? Out and you can see it through my clothes :(

Wedding rings on or off? Off as of today.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Still very happy, and excited, and blessed!

Looking forward to: My shower this weekend (the only thing I know about it is that it is Sunday and they want Kiel to have me there for 1:15)!  Seeing how the bump pictures came out.  Working on the ABC wall on Saturday.  Having my former student spend the weekend with us so she can come to my shower!  I have a lot going on this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment