Monday, May 28, 2012

35 Weeks



35 Weeks done and 35 Days left!   I cannot wait!  All I have to say is, thank god I don't have to be pregnant through the 2 hottest months of the year, I don't think this swollen body could handle any more heat!  This weekend we went to my cousins' annual Memorial Day picnic, and the temp was in the 80's, not too bad, but, man, when you are pregnant it is HOT!  I also have been needing our AC on a lot more this year than last year.  Thank goodness we invested in central air this year, that might be the best investment we have made in this house!

For the most part I'm surviving okay.  The worst symptom I have right now are my swollen feet/legs.  They don't even look like the belong to me.  Somedays they get so engorged they look purple.  If I get stretch marks I will most likely have them on my feet, not my belly!  They grew so fast!

We finished our final parenting class last week- Breastfeeding.  It was exactly what I needed to ease most of my worries about nursing Little Boy.  I was incredibly apprehensive about breastfeeding before the class, but now I feel a whole lot more confident!  Even if I do struggle, there are lots of resources out there and I will do all I can to make this work for me and Baby Boy!



-The Weekly List -

How far along? 35 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: +30.  I was added three pounds this week.  Honestly, I added those three pounds about 2 days after my last post and it has everything to do with the massive amount of water my body is retaining right now.  

Maternity clothes? Yep and my family commented on how I am even outgrowing them!  Ugh, I am not buying any more clothes!

Stretch marks? Still none, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them on my right side and not by left.  He is snuggling in on my right and my whole belly is lopsided and awkward looking.  

Sleep: I can sleep okay, I get hot more easily now.  I am also really so if I stay on one side for too long.  I also really like napping whenever I get the chance!

Best moment this week: Quality time on Saturday with my mom and sister.  Corey treated us to pedis. I painted my toes blue for baby boy and loved soaking my feet in the whirlpool tub.  When she rubbed my feet, I wanted to scream.  Swollen feet being squished does not feel good!   After the pedis they came up here to help me organize all the shower goodies!  Thank god they were here, we got so much accomplished.  Everything is put away and we washed all the clothes and blankets and organized all the clothes by size!   We are almost ready for Baby Boy!!

Miss Anything? As I stated before, just feeling comfortable, being able to walk, not having to pee 30 times a day.  

Movement: He still moves a lot, but he seems to have gotten into sleep patterns.  I haven't really noted when he is sleeping and awake, but it just seems like it is more scheduled than before.  When he does move it is starting to feel more and more uncomfortable.  

Food cravings: Chocolate and soda. 

Food aversions: Nothing!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  The heat makes me feel weak.    

Ailments: Major swelling in my feet, legs and hands.  My face is starting to look a little swollen now too.  My sides (especially my right) are feeling really sore from all of his weight.  

Have you started to show yet: So much so that people I don't even know keep saying I'm not making it until July!

Gender prediction: Beautiful baby boy. 


Labor Signs: More Braxton Hicks contractions but nothing over the top painful.  Sometimes I feel wicked pressure, but it usually only lasts several minutes.    

Belly Button in or out? Out and not very attractive!

Wedding rings on or off? Off and I doubt my fingers will ever be as small as they were again.   

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but really tired!

Looking forward to: Seeing this little boy!  Holding him in my arms!  Kissing his handsome face!  Starting a family with my husband.  (Can't we just get this show on the road!!!)

1 comment:

  1. At our childbirth class the instructor taught the partners how to do leg/foot rubs on the moms and had us compare each leg before and after - wow do we swell! One thing she noted was that in most massage people draw the blood down the leg toward the feet, but that for preggo people you should do the opposite. Maybe you could talk Kiel into giving it a go. (Sorry to volunteer you Kiel, considering I don't know that I've ever even met you!)

    ReplyDelete