Thursday, May 17, 2012

Type A??

I have always considered myself to have the "Type A" personality.  Wikipedia states:

"The theory describes a Type A individual as ambitious, rigidly organized, highly status conscious, can be sensitive, care for other people, are truthful, impatient, always try to help others, take on more than they can handle, want other people to get to the point, proactive, and obsessed with time management. People with Type A personalities are often high-achieving "workaholics" who multi-task, push themselves with deadlines, and hate both delays and ambivalence."


Anyone who knows me probably found themselves nodding as they read (perhaps the "rigidly organized" doesn't actually fit me, but everything else does!)


All this being said, I find it hard to believe we are 46 days away from my due date and I still do not have a name picked out for Little Boy.  Never in a million years would I have believed someone if they told me I would be this close to giving birth and still had not yet settled on a name.  I always thought I would have a name set in stone by Week 20 at the very latest!

Now, I don't see how people even decide on names so quickly.  Naming the baby is such a HUGE deal!  I can't imagine finalizing anything until I actually see him.   Up until now, I thought that once I saw him I would then have my "Aha" moment and the name would just blurt out of my mouth.  But now, I am not even so sure about that.

Will any of the three names we have match what he looks like?  Do babies even look like a name?  

At this point in my post my Type A anxiety is starting to kick in because the deadline is fast approaching and I think I am more confused now than I was 6 paragraphs ago!

I guess all I can hope for is once Kiel and I both see him we will just know what his name was meant to be.  Until then we all will just have to patiently wait....

2 comments:

  1. The suspense is killing me! I can't wait!!!! XOXO baby sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly hope you and Kiel blurt out the same name when he's born or else you will have some additional anxiety to deal with! hehehe xoM

    ReplyDelete