Tuesday, June 5, 2012

36 Weeks 1 Day


We are really getting down to the end here.  This little boy could really come any day now.  Some days I feel so much pressure and have so many (minor) contractions I think it may be soon.  But still other days I feel fabulous, like I could seriously run. Okay, maybe just a 400 meter waddle jog, but still that is pretty good.  I just do not understand why my body fools me like this, but I guess it is better than feeling like poop everyday!

Everyone has a comment about my body.  Luckily, I am not too sensitive when it comes to this stuff.  Typical comments I have been hearing:
"Are you sure there is only in there?"
"Wow, you are huge!"
"You don't even look pregnant from the back."  This is my personal favorite.  Is it true?  I don't know, but I really like hearing it!
"Look at your belly button sticking out!"  I would love to, if it wasn't pointing down to the ground! I can't even see that poor disgusting thing!

The kids at school are also getting super excited.  My students totally understand that he probably won't be here until after school lets out.  They are actually hoping he stays in since they want to keep me until the very last day (who can blame them?).  But the little kids see me every day and say, "Your baby is still inside your belly?  Why?"  And every day I have to explain that babies need to grow inside mommies for 9 months just like they did.  That is getting old!

The swelling has still been a major issue.  Last Thursday we had a BBQ at school to celebrate the school year with families and one Hispanic mother noticed my swollen ankles and feet (may I add that she noticed from a distance!).  She told the translator to tell me to eat pineapple dipped in honey.  Well, I've tried it and it seems to work better than anything else.  I have tried elevating, resting, icing, drinking lots of water, and (somewhat) limiting my salt intake (I don't really have much salt in my diet as it is). And nothing really worked. For now, I'll keep eating it and hoping my swelling stays under control.

So it only took 9 months, but I am now experiencing the weird preggo dreams.  I seriously probably only remember 5-10 dreams a year, and I had two crazy, vivid dreams the past two nights.

Crazy Dream #1:  The guy across the street was keeping kids against their will in his basement.  One of the kids found out all of our phone numbers and started calling and texting us and then tried friending us on facebook.  It doesn't sound scary, but it was freaking me out because I had the feeling of being stalked.  I was really fearing for my safety.

Crazy Dream #2: (Please do not judge, I have no idea where this dream came from).  I was still living with my parents, but Kiel and I were married and I was still very pregnant.  I purchased a plastic bag the size of a pillow case full of cocaine (yes cocaine!).  I then was compulsively EATING it.  What??  I was afraid to tell Kiel about it, because I thought he would be mad that I spent so much money on it, but I tried rationalizing it by saying I got a really good deal on it.  He didn't freak about the cost (obviously) and said I needed to get my butt into rehab and off drugs before I harmed the baby.  (I can't make this $h!t up!)

So what does all this mean?  My guess is it is my subconscious's way of dealing with the anxiety I am facing about labor, delivery, and becoming a mom.  Although I don't really feel the anxiety, I guess it is still very much a part of who I am right now.

At the doctor today everything was pretty routine. My blood pressure was back down to 110/58, my protein and glucose tests were fine, weight gain is still in check, baby is in position, heartbeat is 140.  Next week I see the nurse midwife and I cannot tell you how happy I am to meet her.  There is a slight chance I'll be seeing her for the rest of my pregnancy (yeah, all 2 weeks of it) since my doctor is kind of driving me nuts!



-The Weekly List -

How far along? 36 Weeks 1 Day

Total weight gain/loss: +33 pounds.  I only have 2 more pounds to go before I hit what I wanted to be my max.  I am going to go over, but oh well!  I have a feeling this kid is abnormally large anyway. It is all his fault!  

Maternity clothes? Yep and most of my shirts are too short for my belly.  I have been wearing more of Kiel's T-shirts lately.  I refuse to buy anymore maternity shirts with the due date so close!

Stretch marks? None.  They will be here after delivery, I just know it!

Sleep: I have hit the point where sleeping has become a chore.  I get so incredibly sore since all of his weight shifts to whichever side I am laying on.  Rolling over is nearly impossible.  I am just very uncomfortable.  This doesn't help with all the stuff I have to take care of at work these next few days!

Best moment this week: Getting the dresser/changing table in the room.  Kiel did an incredible job!  I am so happy that my dad's dresser from his childhood is now my son's!  I will take pictures of the room once it is all done.  That will probably be after his birth since there are a few touches I need to add, but they involve his name and it is still a secret!!

Miss Anything? Feeling comfortable in my own body!

Movement: He moves a lot still.  He seems to be getting frustrated with the lack of space and I can feel him trying to straighten out his back.  This is so uncomfortable for me since it causes his head to put extra pressure in my pelvic area and his bum to crash into my ribs.  But it is so worth the discomfort!  I love feeling him!

Food cravings: Ice cream, but I have been resisting since my dessert the past few nights has been pineapples dipped in honey!

Food aversions: Nothing!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Every night I feel nauseous right when I get into bed, but it seems to go away rather quickly.    

Ailments: Swelling and pelvic pressure are the main things right now.  

Have you started to show yet: Yep-see the twins comment above...

Gender prediction: Beautiful baby boy. 

Labor Signs: Just the Braxton Hicks contractions.  They really aren't much to speak of, just catch me off guard.  Oh how I would love if labor contractions felt like that! 


Belly Button in or out? Out and pointing to the ground.  What is my body going to look like after this kid comes out??

Wedding rings on or off? Off, and now I could wear my rings on my pinkie if I really wanted to.  I can't believe my poor pinkie is the size of my ring finger!   

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, incredibly excited, and still wicked tired!

Looking forward to: Seeing this little boy!  Who will he look like?  Holding him in my arms!  Will he know I'm his mama?  Kissing his handsome face!  Being a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment