Monday, June 18, 2012

38 Weeks



Dear Lord!  38 Weeks!  When did this happen?    I can't believe that this kid will be here in three weeks or less!   I say three weeks because I doubt they will have me go much longer than a week past my due date considering he has been a big boy all along.

I am now at the stage where I really want him out!   I am uncomfortable in every possible position, I feel super heavy, I am swollen, achy, tired, and hot!  I am ready for a different kind of tired, a different kind of soreness, a different kind of day to day life.  Although it is hard to know what to expect over the next few weeks (months, years), I am ready to find out!  So come on Baby Boy, squeeze your way out of Mommy!!


-The Weekly List -

How far along? 38 Weeks 

Total weight gain/loss: +38 pounds.  I flunked.  I wanted to stay under 35 and thought I could considering I had lost so much weight at the beginning.  The swelling is just ridiculous.  I can tell my legs are retaining water now too, not just my feet and ankles.  I have also noticed swelling in my face.  The doctor is really not concerned considering my blood pressure is still so low.  I guess it is just how my body is reacting to this stage of pregnancy and the heat/humidity.  I really hope all this fluid is drained out of me shortly after delivery!  

Maternity clothes? Yes and they are still too small.  I broke down and bought a Large maternity tank top for work tomorrow and almost bought a really cute dress, but only my ankles showed and, oh my, did they look awful!!  Next time I'm pregnant I will invest in some more large shirts since the length of the mediums are now too short for me.  

Stretch marks? None

Sleep: I have been trying to give myself 8 hours of "bed time" per night even though I am probably up for 1-3 hours each night depending on how I am feeling.  On work days I pretty much can guarantee I'll come home and sleep for a good two and a half hours-that is one perk of working at an early school!    

Best moment this week: Realizing that everything is done and we are just waiting for Baby Boy to make his grand entrance.  

Miss Anything? (Again)-Being comfortable.  

Movement: Surprisingly, he still moves around quite often.  The midwife asked if I did kick counts and I was afraid to say no, but when I did I said I didn't really have to since he is very responsive and moves around all the time anyway.  She made me happy by replying that we, "have a very healthy and happy baby boy in there!"

Food cravings: Nothing really.  I have been trying to keep up the pineapple routine and drink lots of water.  That's about it.  

Food aversions: Nothing!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope! 

Ailments: Swelling, pelvic pressure, contractions here and there.  

Have you started to show yet:  Big time!

Gender prediction: Beautiful baby boy. 

Labor Signs: As of last Tuesday I was 1 cm dilated, I have had many minor contractions, cramping, and back aches, and today it appears my mucus plug is making its way out.  (gross, I know!)

Belly Button in or out? Out.  


Wedding rings on or off? Off and I tried on my sister's ring and it fit.  I am now a 7.  I went from a 4 1/4 to a 7???  WTF?!?!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Mostly happy and anxious.  

Looking forward to: Holding this little monster who has been growing inside me for nearly 10 months!  I am so ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment