Monday, March 5, 2012

23 Weeks


The weeks keep plugging along and I keep feeling better and better.  Today, I would have forgotten I was pregnant if . . .
      a. I wasn't up at 3:30 feeling little boy squirming.
      b. Debbie wasn't talking about planning my shower nonstop.
      c. I hadn't eaten two lunches.
      d. People hadn't asked to touch my belly.

So basically, I am in a really good stretch.  My body is feeling GREAT.  And I'm learning how to function better on less and inconsistent sleep.

All the things that are coming up are really making me realize that these 17 weeks are going to fly by.
       Next week we turn the clocks ahead, that is a sure sign that spring is near.
       April vacation is just 6 weeks away.
       We only have 9 weeks of school after April vacation.
        Baby boy will be here just one week after school gets out.

Eeek...although it does seem like I've been pregnant forever, this school year really has flown by!


-The Weekly List -

How far along? 23 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Okay, so people may have been cursing me out before because I lost all that weight during the first part of my pregnancy.  Well, let's just say I am MORE than making up for it now.  I am not gaining the recommended one pound per week.  Instead, it is more like 2-3 pounds.  I am currently about +7 or +8 on the scale.  I go to the doctor on Wednesday so we will get the official number then.  

Maternity clothes? Yeah and I think I look pregnant and not fat any more so that is a positive!

Stretch marks? Not yet, but with this rapid weight gain I'm beginning to worry!

Sleep: I am getting into these weird sleep patterns.  I am usually up around midnight or 1 every night for about an hour.  And I wake up everyday around 3:30 am.  On work days this is such a bummer cuz I have  a hard time falling back to sleep before my alarm goes off at 4:30 (I can't do the 4:15 thing anymore unless I have planning to do at school in the morning).  There is no apparent reason for the wake ups.  I am comfortable and the baby isn't usually up at the midnight time.  However, he has been up with me at 3:30 for about 5 days now.  Could we be getting into a pattern already?  Doubtful!

Best moment this week: Getting the crib set up!  Starting my ABC wall challenge with Lauren over the weekend (check out our finds by clicking on the tab above)!  A stranger asking if I was having a boy or a girl!  Yay, I look preggo enough to ask now!  (but I was also perusing a rack of baby clothes. . . )  

Miss Anything? There were yummy Panera sandwiches at work today and I had to have to stupid veggie one.  Booo 

Movement: Yeah, and Kiel can really feel him now.  It is weird, he feels him better with his arm.  When he puts his hand on my belly he feels my pulse and my stomach gurgling, but with his arm he can't feel those things and can only feel the baby moving.  I love seeing him get excited when he feels our boy! 

Food cravings: No strong cravings, I just want to eat so much!  Still eating lots of fruit and oreos.  I hate OREOS! They are causing this weight gain, aren't they??

Food aversions: Nothing!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope

Ailments: So I've started with some pretty intense heartburn.  But I think I know the cause.  I bought soda last week because I had a coupon and that's when the heartburn began.  Not sure if that is the link, but it is very likely.  No soda for me this week!  I'll let you know if it gets better.   

Have you started to show yet: Yeah.  It is very apparent I'm pregnant now.  

Gender prediction: Boy

Labor Signs: No.   Braxton Hicks contractions could start soon, at least that is what all the online resources are saying.  

Belly Button in or out? In, but it just looks different.   

Wedding rings on or off? Back on and my burn is doing a lot better.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!  Although I snapped at Kiel for something yesterday.  He called me out on it and I laughed at myself.  I guess that is a sign I'm not a totally bitchy pregnant lady!

Looking forward to: Hearing baby boy on Wednesday. Seeing his face.  Seeing my belly move.  

No comments:

Post a Comment