Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Randomness

Here is a hodgepodge of what is on my mind right now....

1.  I just had my glucose screening test and things are not looking so good.  After drinking the drink I headed over to my Ob-Gyn right down the hall and took my standard urine test.  Well, there was sugar in my urine and it is doubtful I could have processed the drink in the 3 minutes between finishing the drink and peeing in the cup.  I also gained 8, yes 8 pounds in 3, yes 3 weeks.  Yeah, I know I "popped" in those three weeks, but still 8 pounds is 5 pounds too many! EEEK!  That means I am now 17 pounds over my prepregnancy weight.  Or if you count all the weight I lost at the beginning I have now put on a total of 30 pounds.  Luckily, they don't really count all the weight I lost those first 13 weeks!

2.  Okay, everyone says such horrible things about the dreaded orange sugar drink.  Well, I kinda liked it!  To me, it tasted like orange bug juice (or ghetto juice, as Kiel calls it).  I had no problem drinking it down and would have gladly had more if it didn't make me feel a little woozy!

3.  My blood pressure is still nice and low, thank god!  Today it measured at 105/70.  I'm pretty sure that's not too shabby!

4.  I just baked some chocolate chip banana muffins and they smell incredible!  I'll sneak one tonight and that will be it for me!  Kiel can have the rest and I'll bring a few down to my daddy tomorrow.

5.  Tomorrow I'm headed to my cousin's baby shower with my mom and my sister.  I can't wait to see that side of the family, my cousin's baby bump, and all the goodies her little man will get!  Our little boys are expected to be about 6-7 weeks apart!

6.  The doctor measured my fudal height again and said, "Good, right on target."  My response, "So, 26-27 cm?" Doc, "Well, umm actually 28."  She must have thought this was my 28 week appointment, but since she has been on vacation twice in the past few months, my weeks are now a little off.  So, I'm about 1 1/2 centimeters larger than I should be at this point.  That equates to about 1 1/2 weeks bigger than I should be.   Hmmmm? Another sign of gestational diabetes?

7.  Kiel and I are planning to go see The Hunger Games on Sunday.  I was shocked when he agreed to come with me.  I only asked because I know he will probably like all of the action in the movie.  I am so excited to see the Katniss/Peeta dynamic, oh and to go on a date with my man!

8.  We got all the paperwork to preregister for the hospital and prepare the birth certificate today at our appointment.  How exciting is that?!?!  Everything is becoming more real!

9.  This week has been super stressful and I am soooo happy it is finally the weekend!  I cannot wait to sleep in the next two days!

10.  They are forecasting snow for tomorrow!  Really?  We just had record breaking 80+ degree weather in March and now just a day before April Fool's Day we are going to have that icky white stuff on the ground?  New England weather is more bipolar than a preggo chick!


Happy Weekend Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment