Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

In order to provide  my sister with more reading material, I am trying to set up some type of a blogger schedule.  Ten on Tuesday provided by Roots and Rings, is my latest attempt to have something to blog about every day of the week.




1. Ikea: over-hyped and confusing or genius furniture company?
Perhaps if I hadn't lived 2 miles away from an Ikea when we lived in the condo I would still be in love with the place.  However, despite the numerous times we went there I could never figure the set up of the darn place!  It is definitely not a place you can just run in and out to get the one thing you need.  It is an experience.  
2. Your favorite interior-decorator-type person wants to makeover one room in your house. Which room do you choose and why?
Can I choose the patio?  We actually don't have one yet and I really want one.  I would love to have a stone walkway and fire pit and grilling area.  We are planning to build one either this summer or next and I would love some decorator to come and do it for us.  
3. Describe the furniture in your childhood bedroom. Did you like it? Where is that furniture now?
My parents bought the set from my uncle's store, I believe.  It was dark wood with flowers stained onto it.  They saved my headboard for when I have a little.  And of course I liked it!
4. When you’re done with furniture, what do you do with it? Donate it to Goodwill OR Sell it on Craigslist OR Put it by the curb and hope the trash guys take it?
We haven't had a chance to get rid of any of our furniture yet.  My old dress is still chilling under our porch.  I think he will use it for firewood one day.  Our other old dressers are about to be refinished to be used in baby boy's room!
5. My Pinterest furniture style could best be described as
funky/eclectic
antique/shabby chic
modern/minimalist
so random and varied it’s undefinable
I don't think I have pinned much in the form of furniture.  But what I have pinned tends to be antique-ish.  Although we have few antiques in our house now!
6. Name the most important furniture/toy in a toddler’s playroom. And why?
Not quite sure about this one.  Book shelves maybe?
7. Your parents (or grandparents or other relative) are giving away all their furniture. Which piece do you really want?
I don't even know. Right now we don't even have any space to take anything else.  I guess eventually we might need a new guest bed, but I think the guest room will turn into another kid room somewhere in the relatively near future.  So maybe a couch that converts to a bed for the man cave. 
8. Your biggest furniture buying or home decorating regret?
We we moved into this house we bought a lot of stuff from Bob's Discount Furniture.  Basically because it was cheap.  And yes, it is cheap.  I hate how our bedroom set is already so nicked.  
9. $1000 gift card! Do you want it to Ethan Allen, Ikea, Pottery Barn Kids?
Pottery Barn Kids.  They have so many cute things I want for baby boy, but I can't justify spending that much money!  But if   I had a gift card, that would be the perfect excuse!
10. Bunk beds, loft beds, trundle beds, or canopy beds?
I hate canopy beds!  I guess bunk beds are kind of cool, as well as loft beds.  I like how they save on space so there is more room for playing!

2 comments:

  1. go you for blogging more. i need to find some motivation! ;) *lcd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only thing I got out of that is guest room into another kid room relatively soon lol

    ReplyDelete