Monday, March 26, 2012

26 Weeks


Only 14 more weeks to go (or 11 to be considered full term!).  I hope it flies because I am starting to really feel preggo!   The heartburn is crazy!  Cutting out soda has done absolutely nothing.  It just comes and goes as it pleases, but over the past 3 days it has pretty much just stuck around.  If what they say is true, little boy is going to be covered in hair!

When it comes to my body, I consider myself rather lucky.  I am not very achy and I don't really feel all that bad other than the heartburn.  I have been sleeping rather well.  I wake up whenever I have to roll over so I can adjust all my pillows, but I usually have no trouble falling back to sleep!   I hope this trend continues!

Baby boy has been moving all around and I think I am even noticing, what I call sliding.  So this is what it feels like: He gets into a comfy position for himself and then I just feel a tingly sensation sliding down my belly.  Is this gravity pulling him down?  It feels so weird!   He also seems to be nudging my ribs the past two days.  Lucky for me I am able to apply a little downward pressure to get him back where I want him to be.  I also consider myself lucky since he is taking it easy on my ribs.  From what I hear, baby kicks to the ribs are not very pleasurable.

Overall, I think I am having a great pregnancy.  Let's hope my diabetes test later this week comes back perfect as well!

Oh and thanks for voting in the birth predictor poll!  And I am thrilled to hear you all think he will be here before July 2nd too!


-The Weekly List -

How far along? 26 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Now it is more like 15-16 pounds.  I really have been meaning to take my measurements, since I took them just before I became pregnant.  I'm curious to see if I really am "all belly" and haven't put on any extra inches in other places.  

Maternity clothes? Yeah, but check out my pic below in my Ragnar shirt from last year.  I look like I stuffed a bowling ball under it!

Stretch marks? No, and I've been slacking on the cocoa butter!  Oh boy!

Sleep: Still sleeping rather well for someone with a belly like this.  I am starting to get tired more easily again.  

Best moment this week: Really feeling his kicks from the outside. Grandma Debbie even got to feel him after I had a particularly yummy Mexican lunch! 
Making more decisions about his name.  We are getting close!  

Miss Anything? No, I guess I consider myself lucky to not be craving anything I can't have.  I would give up anything for him though! Yes, even chocolate!

Movement: Yeah, he did scare me mid week last week.  He was not very squirmy at all.  Although, I wasn't feeling very well either so maybe he was feeling what I was feeling.  He is back to moving probably over 100 times a day.  I love it!

Food cravings: Fruits, veggies, pasta salad, chocolate. 

Food aversions: Nothing!

Anything making you queasy or sick: No, but lots of things have been making Kiel queasy!  I've been talking a lot about the birth and he isn't handling it well!

Ailments: Apparently last week my heartburn was getting better, well now it is awful!  I can't sit for too long since it hurts so much, but I don't want to stand because I'm tired.  Grr!   

Have you started to show yet: Yep!

Gender prediction: Perfect little baby boy!

Labor Signs: No, but my yoga instructor did what she calls a "little adjustment" which basically massages my hips and back.  She noticed my hips have opened in the last week.  Another sign that I am getting ready to deliver this boy!

Belly Button in or out? Flat?  It is now pretty much the same level as my belly.  It looks soooooo weird!

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy.  So happy to be feeling happy.  I have been a little emotional, but not crazy or bitchy, just sappy!

Looking forward to: Oh so much, hearing baby boy again this week, starting child birth class next week, my work shower the week after that, our babymoon, vacation, getting the room set, doing baby boy's laundry and organizing the clothes we have already.  I may be on the verge of the nesting instinct.  I want to do so much, just haven't gotten the urge to actually do it yet!



Kiel just had to take the pic on Saturday morning (3/24/12) as I was about to leave for yoga.  Now I see why, I totally look like I stuffed something under my shirt.  Also, the girls at yoga totally noticed that I "popped" over the past two weeks.  Yeah, I'm pretty much bigger than the lady who is due in 8 weeks!

We went to a wedding on Saturday night.  I was hoping to look pregnant in this pic, but I think I just look fat!  Other people at the wedding noticed I was preggo though so I guess it is just the angle of the picture.  Baby boy moved around all night!  I felt so bad, he never moves for that many hours in a row (like 4) but the music was so loud he probably felt all the weird vibrations and was wondering what was going on.  It was kind of stressing me out to be in that environment.  Yeah, I have issues!  I'm sure he was fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment