Monday, March 12, 2012

24 Weeks a.k.a 6 Months!!


Over the past few days I have been really starting to feel pregnant.  Not technically in a bad way, just a LARGE way!  So here are some issues I have been having with my new bowling ball like belly . . .

  • Reversing my car is not easy.  I don't like relying on my mirrors and it is getting really hard to twist to see behind me. 
  • Eating at the table.  I have food issues!  I can't keep food on my fork, so I tend to lean over the table to keep the food from falling.  Now I can't get close enough to the table to prevent food from falling all over myself!
  • Picking stuff up off the floor. 
  • Rolling over in bed. 
  • Getting out of bed.
  • Shaving my legs!
  • Tying/putting on my shoes.
  • Washing dishes. 
I think that is all for now!  The list will probably get longer as the weeks progress. 

On a positive note, prenatal yoga began again on Saturday.  I am in love!  It is the best part of my week!  I feel so light and strong when the session is over.  She is also inspiring me to try for a natural birth instead of the epidural I thought I wanted.  With all the exercises I'm learning and the great breathing and focusing drills she is teaching, I think there is a good chance I could handle a natural birth.  However, I am not straying from my "No birth plan - birth plan"  if that makes sense to anyone.  

-The Weekly List -

How far along? 24 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Last Wednesday I was +9 at the doc.  Today I am +10 on my bathroom scale.  I am packing on those pounds!

Maternity clothes? Everyday!  I think I may have to borrow one of Kiel's T-shirts for yoga since all of mine are too short now.  

Stretch marks? Nothing yet! 

Sleep: Not great, but not horrible either.  I wake up a lot to roll over and go to the bathroom.  It is getting old fast!

Best moment this week: Feeling the baby move all over the place.  Hearing his heartbeat again.  Kiel feeling him just by being close to me and not even trying to feel him!  

Miss Anything? Does being thin count?

Movement: Yep, when I snuggled with Kiel the other morning I had my belly to his back and he could feel the baby moving.  It was pretty cool!

Food cravings: Not really.  Just the usual: strawberries, grapes, oranges, and OREOS!

Food aversions: Nothing!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, but I have been smelling things again.  And by things, I mean PEOPLE!

Ailments: Heartburn is better since I stopped drinking soda, but it is still there after I eat.  It has everything to do with the fact that my stomach is getting more and more squished.  

Have you started to show yet: Oh yeah! 

Gender prediction: Boy! Boy! Boy!

Labor Signs: No, thank god!

Belly Button in or out? In, but I doubt it will be for long. :(  

Wedding rings on or off? On and not feeling tight at all!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but when I get too tired I am miserable.  I'm sure Kiel will talk about my Friday night meltdown last week for years to come.  Five 13+ hour days in a row were just too much for my mind and body to handle last week. 

Looking forward to: Painting baby boy's room.  Continuing on my search for more goodies for him.  Feeling him some more.  Seeing him.  Discussing names again.  

4 comments:

  1. That list is awfully familiar. At 40 weeks +3 days I can tell you the only thing that improves is that soon your belly can balance a small plate or bowl, which stops the spillage problem! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kate! He will be here soon. Maybe it is all my fault. As soon as you told me your due date I said he wouldn't come until Pi Day. I can't wait for bump to finally get here so I can finally start calling him his real name! You can do it, he will be here by tomorrow, I just know it!

      Delete
    2. Man...let's hope you are as good at predicting Fred's delivery date. Congrats Kate & welcome Oliver :)

      Delete