Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Mother's Love

Last weekend my mom made the 600 mile roundtrip drive to watch my brother's double header.  She did over 10 hours of driving in one day to only spend about 1 hour with him when they went out to dinner.  I told her she was crazy.  I talked about her to my friends.   They all agreed she was crazy.  Who does that much driving in one day for an hour of quality time?

But then I thought about it from a different perspective.  A mother's perspective.

Would I do the same for my boy?  Absolutely!  And then some!

Why hadn't I thought of this before?  I guess what I needed was my own son growing inside me to really understand the power of a mother's love.

I would drive 6,000 miles in a day for my son if I had to.  Give him my kidney, my life savings, my everything, my life.  There is not one thing I wouldn't do for him.

I guess there is no telling what a mom wouldn't do for her child.  

1 comment:

  1. You did it to me again young lady. It's so heartwarming to have your daughter realize why you, as a mother, did and continue to do the things you do as a parent. I think I'll give myself a pat on the back, because I know I've done one heck of a job in raising my children :)
    xoM

    ReplyDelete