Wednesday, March 7, 2012

More Good News

I went to see the doctor today and of course everything is perfectly fine.  I have gained a total of 9 pounds so far during this pregnancy, my quick diabetes and protein tests (both via urine) came back negative, and baby's heartbeat was stronger than ever!

While the doctor was checking for his heart rate with the Doppler machine, my little monster was moving all over the place.  I didn't realize how much movement could interfere with hearing his heart rate.  All we could hear was this static sound and she couldn't help but laugh since he was making her job so tough.  Trust me, I didn't mind "hearing" him move, it was pretty awesome!  Once she was able to measure his heart rate, she said it was 150.  I think that is pretty much where it has been for the past few months.

I also got to experience something new at this appointment.  She measured my fundal height for the first time.  That is the distance from my pubic bone to the top of my uterus.  It measured 24 cm which is just one centimeter larger than I should be right now.  The measurement should match the number of the week I am in right now - 23.  No big deal though, just another indication that baby boy is growing a tad big quicker than expected.  He is still very much in the normal range of development.  Maybe he will just be a few days early.

Will we have a July baby or a June baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment