Monday, April 2, 2012

27 Weeks


This is the last week of my second trimester!  Wooohooo almost 2/3 of the way done!  I'm happy to report my body is still cooperating with me.  Not much has changed, although I have noticed more Braxton Hicks contractions.  On a positive note, they don't hurt at all!  I only realized I was experiencing them when I rubbed my belly and noticed it felt funny.  I poked at it and it was as hard as a fully inflated basketball.  No joke, it really felt like that.  I have only noticed it a handful of times, but it is good to know my body is prepping for the big day!

I have been feeling very overwhelmed by all that I have to do for work and home between now and the end of June and it is causing a lot of stress and anxiety, which means sleep was kind of yucky this week!

On Saturday I went to my cousin's baby shower and I loved seeing everything she got!  It was so fun seeing all the cute baby boy gear!  It is crazy to see how similar the two of us are carrying our boys.  Obviously her belly is a little bigger than mine since her boy is close to 5 pounds and mine is only about 2, but other than the size we both seemed to be carrying high forward (if that makes sense).

Oh, and I finally took my measurements.  I had actually taken them less than one month before I got pregnant and as of right now I haven't gained any inches in my arms or thighs.  I gained 4 1/2 inches in my bust (yeah, holy canoli!), 8 inches in my waist, and a little under 2 inches in my butt/hips. I don't think that is all that bad!




-The Weekly List -

How far along? 27 Weeks-Baby boy's due date is exactly 3 calendar months away!

Total weight gain/loss: I am so confused by the weight gain.  I think I am about +17 pounds at this point.  I have been watching my sweets (but I definitely indulged in the baby shower cake!) and trying to watch my portions.  I haven't gained anything since my appointment on Friday, which is a good thing!

Maternity clothes? Yeppers!

Stretch marks? Still none, and I am shocked!

Sleep: So I was stressing at the beginning of the week so sleep was not great.  Then it got better, but when I wake up to adjust I feel the baby moving and I don't want to go to back to sleep because I know I am going to miss feeling him move inside of me once he is born.  

Best moment this week: Feeling more of his movements.  They are starting to feel more controlled.  He also seems to be responding more to sounds and pokes/taps!

Miss Anything? Still no.  I am actually enjoying the pregnancy at this point!

Movement: So much movement!  I am convinced he really recognizes Kiel's voice.  He moves so much when Kiel talks in the morning or when I get home from work.  I can't wait to see if he turns to Kiel's voice once he is born.  

Food cravings: Really just fruits and veggies.  I don't think I had ice cream or oreos all week!  

Food aversions: Nothing!

Anything making you queasy or sick: No.  Like I said, I am really lucky and enjoying this whole pregnancy thing!

Ailments: My doctor recommended Tagamet for my heartburn and it really worked.  I took it two days last week and I haven't had to take it since.  I noticed an improvement in just an hour or so!  

Have you started to show yet: Oh yeah, and a lady at Michael's stopped me the other day to ask when the baby was coming.  She was shocked when I said July 2nd.  She is another person who doesn't think I'll make it to my due date!  

Gender prediction: Perfect little baby boy!

Labor Signs: Just those painless Braxton Hicks!  

Belly Button in or out? Still flat and looking kind of alien.  I predicted it would be out by now, but I was wrong!

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Stressed!

Looking forward to: Having time over vacation to get his room painted and his furniture sanded.  I have a box of clothes that needs to be washed and I think I'm going to order some clothing dividers I found on Pinterest so I can organize his clothes.   

1 comment:

  1. FYI: my belly button never ended up popping. It just stayed flat the whole time despite my daily concern it would pop!

    ReplyDelete