Saturday, January 14, 2012

30 before 30

Technically I should have written this list on August 14, but I recently saw something like this posted on another blog and figured I should try it out.  I'm a little bummed that here we are January 14, exactly 5 months after my birthday.  I've already missed almost half of a year but I'll see how I can do anyway...

Had I actually written this on my 29th birthday I would have included:

  • 1. run a half marathon (No walking!)- (10/2/11)
  • 2. get pregnant-(10/10/11)
  • 3. have a baby


Here are some things I am thinking of now:
  • 4. spend the weekend at a bed and breakfast
  • 5. make a snow angel (bonus if I can get Kiel to make one too)
  • 6. take at least one photo a day  
  • 7. blog at least 2 times a week
  • 8. have a girlfriend sleepover (cheesy movies, magazines, facials, junk food)
  • 9. have a real spa day (massage, pedi, facial) (bonus if I can get at least two friends to join)
  • 10. take a yoga class
  • 11. go to an off broadway musical or play with Kiel
  • 12. read the Hunger Games
  • 13. go to a paint bar or take a ceramics class
  • 14. try acupuncture, see a chiropractor, or try some other form of alternative medicine
  • 15. try at least one new recipe a month (preferably from Yiayia's cookbook)
  • 16. do something nice for a stranger
  • 17. not check facebook for a whole day
  • 18. go vegetarian for one week
  • 19. relearn how to crochet from Yiayia
  • 20. have at least one "extreme couponing" shopping trip 
  • 21. organize my filing cabinet, and then file important documents at least twice a month
  • 22. visit an animal shelter and "babysit" a dog for a day (or at least a few hours)
  • 23. go fruit picking (other than apple)
  • 24. start a garden and/or a compost pile
  • 25. start researching and documenting my genealogy 
  • 26. go on a whale watch
  • 27. finally see a shooting star
  • 28. do one crafty thing each month
  • 29. send a message in a bottle
  • 30. buy a nice camera and learn how to use it
Had I not been pregnant writing this I probably would have included some adventurous ideas like
  • go parasailing 
  • go zip-lining
  • go white water rafting
  • try an exotic food 
  • go on a tropical, all-inclusive vacation
  • get back down to 8 minute miles (7:30 would be even better!)
  • go ice skating on the pond behind my house
(Perhaps these can be used for my 30 during 30 project)


1 comment:

  1. i can definitely help you achieve some of your goals! don't we still have a wedding shadowbox to make?! ;) *lcd

    ReplyDelete