Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy List vol. 1

Today was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  


On that note, I'm going to skip to what has made me happy recently...



  • Since coming back from vacation, my students have become so stinkin independent.  Anyone who knows my crew knows I spent more time managing behaviors last year (I am in my second year with them) than actually teaching.  Now, I just teach!  May sound obvious to regular ed teachers or people not in the education field, but for me this is new uncharted territory.  I almost don't know what to do with all of our free time! 
  • I made soup this weekend.  Thanks to Becky who gave out Friendship Soup Mix as Christmas presents this year.  On Monday when I got home from work Kiel had bread bowls ready to eat the soup in.  Heaven!
  • My cats have been extra cuddly lately.  I love their warmth and coziness.  However, I do not like how they sleep like rocks and make it impossible for me to stretch out in bed. 
  • Chocolate is yummy again!
  • I think I have been feeling the baby for the past two days.  It is really quite amazing.  It doesn't happen for long so it is hard to catch.  Once I realize it is happening it stops so I am having a hard time figuring out if it is a baby or food moving. 
  • Kiel's birthday is this weekend so we have an excuse to eat ice cream cake!
  • Unsweetened, decaf iced tea is the perfect beverage to start my day. 
  • It snowed today and my car only slid once going up the hill leading out of our neighborhood.  The super high payment and insurance are worth it!
  • Next Monday is a holiday, Kiel's birthday, no school, and we get to hear our baby's hearbeat again at 9:20 in the morning.  Plus we don't have any other plans, I don't think I have had a Monday this great in, like, forever!
Ahhhh....I feel better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment