Friday, January 20, 2012

Week 16



Sorry followers!  I could not get my stuff together this week!  I've been sick and tired!  So here here is what you've been missing...


On Monday we celebrated Kiel's 29th birthday by heading for our check up.  Baby's heart rate was located instantly and is a strong 150 beats per minute (girl????).  By evening time I was feeling yucky and needed to take two days off from work to recover.  I'm still not better, but I'm sucking it up and trying to save up as much sick time as possible for when baby comes. 


This week I've been a little preoccupied with how in the world this baby is getting out of me.  Both options scare the Bejeezus out of me.  I think this preoccupation began on Wednesday when I caught my first episode of "A Baby Story" since I was a teenager.  Holy crap!  That was a lot to handle!


Today at work, several people mentioned that I "popped."  I'm not sure if it was the outfit or if baby is actually trying to show him or herself. I have been a little worried that I'm not showing as much as other people I meet or see online.  My doc just chalked it up to super strong ab muscles.  Apparently they are still there despite the layer of fat that took hold over the past few years!



- The Weekly List -

How far along? 16 Weeks 4 days

Total weight gain/loss: The official weigh in at the doc on Monday showed that I am still down 7 pounds.  Really?  At 16 weeks?  I'm a little nervous, but the doctor isn't concerned.  On a side note, the nurse blabbed my weight to Kiel.  When we met, he knew my weight basically because I was a super toned 19 year old.  Oh how things have changed...
Oh and to cover up her boo boo, she mentioned that I look like a model.  Ha, a model who can't button her pants!

Maternity clothes? I'm still at an in between stage, although, many of my skinny prepregnancy jeans no longer fit even with my bella band.  I've lost a lot of weight in my butt and thighs so the maternity jeans look so dumpy and I can't bring myself to wear them yet!

Stretch marks? Nope!

Sleep: Has been hard to come by since I have had this horrible head cold and my asthma has been acting up a bit. 

Best moment this week: Hearing the baby again.  That sound never gets old!  

Miss Anything? Nothing at all, except perhaps, being able to breathe out of my nose! 

Movement: Possibly, but I'm still not convinced

Food cravings: Fruits, veggies, unsweetened iced tea.  I'm about to make a cookies and cream milkshake (that was the craving that hit me in the car on the way home!) 

Food aversions: Most meat

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really

Ailments: Still the lower back pain, but it has been better this week.  I tried some stretches and if they don't help physical therapy may be in my near future.  

Have you started to show yet: Yeah, but I'm nearly 17 weeks now!

Gender prediction: Still feeling boy, but hoping to be buying lots of pink and purple things soon!

Labor Signs: NO

Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: eh.  I was actually happy to get back to work yesterday.  I haven't been super moody either.  

Looking forward to: The next ultrasound (less than two weeks away) and our gender reveal party!



2 comments:

  1. Everyone gains differently. Don't worry too much about your weight! Just keep eating healthy and whenever you're hungry! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe its gonna be already time for gender reveal! Excited!

    ReplyDelete