Friday, January 27, 2012

Baby Love CD vol. 2

Driving home from work listening to my iPod these two songs came on back to back.

The first, Sunshine of My Life, has always reminded me of my brother.  My mom would always sing You Are My Sunshine to him when he was screaming as an infant with colic. It has special meaning, and I think my little one would love to know a song that makes me thing of Uncle Niko also makes me think of him/her.

This song, reminds me of my childhood and I spent my whole childhood with my sister.  So, whenever I hear this song I think of her.  This song is so simple, yet brings back so many memories of watching The Wizard of Oz with my family time and time again.  I remember running to sit on my dad's lap when the flying monkeys would come on the screen.  Its little things like that, that make a childhood.  I hope my child looks back and has simple yet fond memories that didn't cost a penny.


1 comment:

  1. Wizard of Oz was a family tradition for me, too. Especially with my dad :)

    ReplyDelete