Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week 17





I am definitely getting "thicker!"  It still doesn't look like much of a bump as you can see, but the outfit I picked to do my photos in is not as flattering as maternity clothes.  There is something about the design of maternity shirts that makes a little bump look like a little bump and not a gut!  


Today was the first day I actually wore a full maternity outfit-pants, shirt, and sweater.  God I loved the pants!  I felt like I was wearing comfy pajamas all day, but they looked like classy brown work pants.   Awesome!  


I still have yet to experience the 2nd trimester energy surge, but I am patiently waiting.  Maybe after we find out the gender, I'll be excited to get things moving on the baby room and not feel so compelled to get to bed by 7:30-8:00.  Yeah, I'm pathetic. 


This weekend we had a few friends over for football.  These friends brought over their two 3-year-old boys, without naps.  Let's just say it was like having two little tornados running through our house for 3 hours!  Despite how much we love the boys, I couldn't help but think, and Kiel couldn't help but say aloud, "I really hope we have a girl!"



 -The Weekly List -

How far along? 17 Weeks 1 day

Total weight gain/loss: I gained a bit more this week.  I now appear to be -5 on my scale now.  My appetite has definitely picked up, and I've been incorporating more sweets into my diet. 

Maternity clothes? Still can go either way, but maternity clothes are so much more comfortable!

Stretch marks? Nope, and I heard there is no hope, they will be here for good one day soon. 

Sleep: Back to not being able to get enough sleep. I can't wait to shower and get to bed and it is currently 6:19 pm.  

Best moment this week: Trying on bridesmaid dresses and seeing my pre-pregnancy still fit, but I still got a size up just in case.  I also enjoyed compiling all of the gender predictor results and seeing girl!  It was also super cute to see Kiel sing the ABC song to my belly after I told him that the baby is starting to hear voices now.  

Miss Anything? No.  I miss not really liking the taste of soda.  But I guess that's a good thing.  

Movement: I think so.  It is so hard to tell at this point if it is really movement.  But I do tend to notice it at certain times, mostly when I am not moving.   Like when I am driving home, when I get into bed at night, and when I am quietly planning in my classroom.  

Food cravings: Fruits and veggies, Ice cream.  Oh and this was my facebook status on Saturday morning: 
It's 6:30 in the morning and I just had to get out of my warm cozy bed to eat ice cream. 

And so it begins...

Pickles pickles pickles pickles will be in Kiel's near future

Food aversions: Meat, but I promised Kiel I would try chicken again soon since we have so much in the freezer. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Luckily no!

Ailments: Lower back hurts on and off, nasal congestion.  Both are very minor at this point.   

Have you started to show yet: Yeah, but still not enough for people who don't know to notice. 

Gender prediction: Had my first girl dream last weekend.  I am really feeling girl now.  But who knows?  Either way we will be extremely happy!

Labor Signs: NO

Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but being tired makes me cranky!

Looking forward to: The ultrasound next week, really feeling movement, actually looking like a preggo chick. 

2 comments:

  1. Girl dream? Now I'm leaning toward girl. I only had boy dreams before we found out and sure enough! :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm hoping this "dream thing" runs in the Ververis family and your dream will come true. ♥xoM

    ReplyDelete