Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Yoga




So everyone talks about the benefits of prenatal yoga.  I really wanted to give it a shot, but there are NO yoga studios or classes in my area that offer this class for moms-to-be.  If I wanted to hang around Boston after work, and spend a ton of money there is a cool place called Isis that offers all types of class for before, during and after birth.  We may check out some of their birthing and infant care classes if I can't find anything in our area, but I don't want to spend the money on their prenatal yoga class!  


I wanted to join a regular yoga class and had every intention of joining tonight.  However, with my ridiculous headaches lately, I'm afraid to fork over cash and not be able to go.  


How did I solve this problem?


With Fitness TV On Demand. 


They have tons of different yoga (and other fitness) "classes" for free!  I tried out a beginner video tonight and realized: 


                a. I am not flexible
                b. I am not coordinated
                c. I have a hard time following directions


I am so happy I decided to warm up at home before jumping into a class in the real world.  If I can motivate myself to do a video each time Kiel goes to the gym, hopefully my flexibility, coordination, and understanding of the yoga terms will improve.  


I loved the way this type of exercise made my lower back feel.  Right now it feels perfectly stretched out-just what I had been looking for the past few days.  I also loved being able to focus on my breathing.  Hopefully that aspect will help with my headaches. 


Overall, it is a far stretch from my pre-pregnancy workouts of running, spinning, and lifting (light) weights.  But I think it is something that could grow on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment