Sunday, January 8, 2012

Packing on the Pounds



Although I have been quite lucky with the whole pregnancy weight gain thing, I am starting to worry since my appetite is back and I am starting to see the scale creep back up.  To date, I am still about 6-7 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight.  During this trimester it is recommended that I gain about 1 pound a week.  However, over the past two weeks I have gained 2 pounds a week.  


This is starting to freak me out. 


I probably wouldn't be freaking so much if I didn't have to squeeze into a bridesmaid dress exactly three months and three days after my expected due date.  


Before I got pregnant I swore I would keep up my exercise routine.  Well, I have been to the gym exactly 1 time since I found out I was pregnant, although I did work out at home once as well.  So I have worked out two times in 15 weeks. 


EEEEK.  Bye bye arms and thunder thighs are in my near future!


I really have to get back in some sort of a routine.  I'd like to get in the habit of walking around my neighborhood 3-4 times a week, as well as doing a yoga dvd or some other type of workout video in the comfort of my living room.  


I have also been reading up a little on Weight Watchers.  My mom informed me they have a special plan just for lactating mothers.  I'm a little bummed that they say you can't start this until 6-8 weeks after birth (if your doctor approves it).  I am hopeful I will find energy somewhere and at least begin walking with the baby about a week after birth.  


Have any other mothers out there figured out a safe, quick fix to lose baby weight while nursing?  

1 comment:

  1. Nursing! Everyone has assured me that nursing will cause some excellent weight loss. Also, I've also heard that the sleepless nights and having to take care of the baby makes you eat less because you have less time to prepare meals. I'm in your boat of fear, but we can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete