Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Week 14




Here I am.  Finally in the second trimester.  Overall things have been pretty good this week.  I was able to accomplish a lot.  I went to school, cleaned up my class, and did a decent amount of planning.  I also painted the WHOLE master bath myself.  Kiel and I painted the master bedroom yesterday.  I went shopping, had lunch with friends. I also won $750 playing BINGO!  It was a great week.  

Except for today.  

My last day of vacation.  

I planned on going to the gym and signing up for a yoga class.  What did I do instead?  Slept all day!  I had the worst headache of my pregnancy today.  It was so bad I contemplated calling Kiel at work so he could walk me to the bathroom.  I couldn't even roll over my head hurt so much.  

By now, at 8:15 at night, the pain is gone, but anyone who gets headaches like these understands that they take a lot out of you.  I am so ready for bed right now.  I will likely pass right out once my head hits the pillow.  

So the pose above is completely awkward.  It was the second picture Kiel had taken tonight. My first looked like I was totally sticking out my belly.  Then I realized that is how I stand now.  My lower back is slightly achy (not bad at all really) and I think it has to do with the repositioning of my internal organs and hips (or that is what the internet is saying). So I need to work on standing straight and not sticking out the bump.  The glasses are due to the fact that I have been in too much pain all day to even consider putting in my contacts.  And the wet hair is because I just took my shower a few minutes ago.  I can guarantee this will not be my favorite of the baby bump photos. 

- The Weekly List -

How far along? 14 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I think I am finally starting to gain.  I am now at -8 pounds.  I finally like most foods again, but I can't eat much at one time and I have to force myself to eat during meal times.  

Maternity clothes? I tried wearing maternity jeans the other day and they are still just too big.  I am in the awkward stage right now where my regular pants don't fit and maternity pants are too big.  I'll see how long I can get away wearing yoga pants at work!  

Stretch marks? Still none.  Where can I anticipate them to show up?  I want to make sure I am putting the cocoa butter in the right places.  

Sleep: I was able to get about 10 hours a night during vacation, which was awesome.  I felt better throughout the day since I was able to get a full night's sleep each night.  Next week will be the real judge of whether or not I am getting the second trimester energy surge. 

Best moment this week: Winning BINGO, thanks to the bump bringing me luck!

Miss Anything? Still deli meat.  I just want a salami grinder!  

Movement: Still waiting.....

Food cravings: Pretty much eating soup and salad all week.  But no strong pregnancy cravings. 

Food aversions: meat

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really

Ailments: Major nasal congestion, headaches, minor pains in my lower abdomen and lower back. 

Have you started to show yet: Yeah, again I still just look like I put on some weight.  

Gender prediction: Still boy, but last night was the first time I got the feeling that it could be a girl. 

Labor Signs: No, No, NO!

Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, except when my family calls me out for complaining!

Looking forward to: Finding out the gender in about 1 month!  Finally feeling some movement!



2 comments:

  1. That's what happened to me! I was convinced I was having a boy. Then one day, I was starting to think it was a girl!!! :) The excitement of the unknown!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see that the poll is almost 50/50 now and I'm not the only one who thinks you could be having a girl. ❤ xoM

    ReplyDelete