Thursday, January 5, 2012

What's in a (blog) Name?



As soon as I created my blog, Kiel looked over at my computer and saw the name.

"What's up with the name?"

Well here was my explanation....

A few weeks after finding out about my pregnancy I shared the news with Lauren.  I told her I was planning on starting a blog to document this exciting time in my life, but I had no idea what to name it.  She is super creative, and I am not!  She is my go to person for anything crafty, quirky, and creative.

Here is the list she provided:

(Actually, I'll keep that list to myself!)


"Our Little Home Run" was one of her options.  Instantly, I knew it is was the one for me.

Here's why:

When we revealed our pregnancy to Kiel's grandparents, his grandfather shook Kiel's hand, gave him a pat on the back and said, "You hit a home run, buddy!"

It was destiny!

Also, baseball was my favorite sport growing up.  I have been a Red Sox fan since before I can even remember.  My first communion gift from my parents was a Red Sox jacket with my name embroidered on it.  (Clearly they wanted me to know that God was a Sox fan too!)  When Kiel and I met we bonded by watching the Red Sox.  We love heading to Fenway to check out games whenever we can.  Baseball is in my blood, and that blood is already running through "Our Little Home Run."

2 comments:

  1. love it!! i am SO happy that you are blogging!!! i am always hoping for updates on 'our little home run'! :) xox *

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entry put a smile on my face and a tear in my eye :) xoM

    ReplyDelete