Friday, January 6, 2012

Baby Love CD

I have a blogger friend named Shannon.  I have yet to meet her in real life, but I have a feeling we will probably get together in the near future to meet for the first time.  I'm pretty sure our mutual friend, Lauren, has wanted us to meet well before we both ended up preggers at the same time.  Shannon and her Curious Baby Girl are about 8 weeks ahead of me and my Home Run.  I have been following her blog since she started posting early this fall (yes, I am a blogger stalker).  I was interested to see what a "real" person was going through and it helped me prepare for what was to come.


Earlier this week she posted about a CD she plans to make for her baby girl.  On the CD she plans to include all the songs that make her think of her baby girl, as well as the songs she sings to her during pregnancy.


How perfect is this?


I would have loved to have gotten such a special gift as a child.


"Songs my mommy sang to me before I was born!"


What a special gift that I also plan to make.  I hope my child will treasure it forever.


I will obviously include songs from my previous post and I will continue to add to my playlist as the weeks go on.


Here is the latest song that Little HR and I rocked out to on the way home from work today.





Firework by Katy Perry

This song has a special meaning to me.  It reminds me of a very special little girl at school.  When I share this song with my little one someday, I will absolutely tell him/her about beautiful little SC who was taken from this earth too soon, but not before we all learned so much from her.  


Also , since my little one is due to make his/her appearance so close to the 4th of July, I'm sure he/she will be a little firework of a child!


2 comments:

  1. if we are all in the same room, i just may spontaneously combust from my own happiness!!! hahahhaha!!! :) so glad you two are on this journey together!
    *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laur, you are hysterical. Let's make plans! :)

    ReplyDelete