Monday, April 9, 2012

28 Weeks- The Beginning of the 3rd and Final Trimester!!!



Things keep moving along.  I keep getting bigger.  Baby keeps growing and moving like crazy.  And the room has seen NO progress!  That's okay though since next week is VACATION!

Today I had the dreaded 3 hour glucose tolerance test.  Everyone talks about the dreaded drink, well that was the least of my worries.  I never heard anything about the crazy carb loaded diet they make you eat.  I could not follow it!  My body just could not handle all the carbs.  I felt so sick after eating (especially lunch) and that made dinner super hard to get down.  On Saturday and Sunday (nights 2 and 3 of the diet) I only managed 2 of the 5 things on the dinner menu.  I just couldn't stomach any more!  This morning I woke up at 4 am STARVING!  I managed to get back to sleep and luckily when I woke up just before 8 I wasn't so hungry anymore.  Kiel drove me over to the lab where we waited an HOUR before they even took my baseline blood test.  Yes, that means my 3 hour test turned into a 4+ hour test.  Lucky me!  After the first blood draw I got my drink again.  It was only 10 oz again, but definitely more concentrated this time.  It was a little more difficult to get down, but honestly, not all that bad.  As I waited, the first hour was the worst.  I wasn't dizzy, but just kind of foggy.  I had a hard time focusing on my reading.  I also was super hot.  As time went on things got a little better, but by noon with only about 40 minutes left, my stomach started to really growl.  I was dying!  And then Kiel came back and my brain clearly associated his arrival with FOOD and the growls kicked into high gear.  When she took my last blood draw I noticed how sore my arms were.  Two draws on each side were a little more painful than I thought.

I stuffed my face with an Easter ham leftover sandwich in the car and when I got home passed out on the couch.  I was not feeling great.  It felt kind of similar to the feeling you get after being sick for a few days. Just wiped!  I woke up about an hour later shaking.  I wasn't hot or cold just really shaky.  It was kind of scary.  Hopefully, it was nothing!  I'll find out the results by Wednesday.  I'm hoping just a change in diet will be necessary and not insulin shots!

I'll get a 2nd Trimester: Good, Bad, and Ugly post ready for later this week.



-The Weekly List -

How far along? 28 Weeks, and into the 3rd trimester. 

Total weight gain/loss: +19 pounds, which isn't too bad considering all the junk I was forced to eat over the last 3 days. 

Maternity clothes? Yep and my husband's clothes. 

Stretch marks? Still none, and I have been bad with my cocoa butter.  Gotta get my butt in gear!

Sleep: Still sleeping well.  I wake up to roll over and I consistently wake up at 4 am hungry.  Baby boy is always up at 4 in the morning too!

Best moment this week: Seeing his arm or leg move across my belly.  Feeling his hiccups!

Miss Anything? No, but if I have to give up chocolate, that might be a major bummer!

Movement: Still moving like crazy.  It feels really strange when he adjusts himself. Kiel felt it last night and he was really grossed out by it.  (I'm sure you aren't surprised by that)  

Food cravings: Nothing really.  And just so you all know....I never had any of those crazy pregnancy cravings.  Like the ones where I have to have something RIGHTNOW!  I just have had foods that taste really good at that time.  If that makes any sense.  

Food aversions: Nope!

Anything making you queasy or sick: The high carb diet made me super queasy.  

Ailments: Not that I can think of!  Feeling pretty good still! 

Have you started to show yet: Yeah, and everyone who came into the lab today had to make small talk about the baby.  I need to make a recording of all the answers so I can just hit play, rather than answer the same questions over and over all day! 

Gender prediction: Perfect little baby boy!

Labor Signs: Noticed the Braxton Hicks contractions just a few times this week.     

Belly Button in or out? Flat and kind of raw.  It hurts a little bit. 

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and anxious!

Looking forward to: QT with my husband,  getting baby boy's room organized (it will happen!), seeing his perfect little face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment