Tuesday, April 17, 2012

29 Weeks


Is time slowing down?  I was 20 weeks on Valentine's Day and that is when Kiel felt baby boy move for the first time.  It seems like I have been feeling movement forever now!

I have a feeling that after this week the time will start to fly.  I am currently on my April vacation and whenever we return to school after this break the time flies.  Between MCAS (Massachusetts's standardized test), end of year field trips and activities, packing up the classroom, and prepping for summer school/vacation the months of May and June always just fly by.  Add setting up baby boy's room and all the other fun stuff that happens at the end of a pregnancy to the end of the school year stuff and I can only imagine how fast the time will go by these next 10 1/2 weeks.  As much as I am enjoying this whole pregnancy thing I kind of hope it all flies by since I am getting really anxious about what is to come.  Anxious in a good way though!

This weekend Kiel and I went on our babymoon.  We just went away to New Hampshire for the weekend.  It was nothing extravagant, just time away together.  It took us a while to get into the whole being away thing.  I think we both secretly wished to be home since the weekend was so nice and we could have gotten a lot done around the house.  But after a little bit, I pushed those thoughts aside (hopefully he did too) and we began to enjoy the weather and time together. It was kind of nice not to have to worry about work or all the projects around the house.

I also had my work shower on Friday.  Yeah, it was kind of early, but with the end of the school year fast approaching and 2 weeks of state testing coming up in May time was limited.  I also made it clear that I wanted my students involved.  Since I have been at the school very few people have become pregnant, and most of them just had after school showers.  I think that is what most teachers prefer, and I totally get that.  But for me, the students are why I am there.  They are so excited about this little boy and I wanted them to take part in my special day.  They also thought it was super cool to meet my husband!  Yes, Kiel actually came into school for a few hours to be a part of the shower.  This is a big deal for most guys who don't know their wive's coworkers, but add another layer.  Many of my coworkers are Deaf and Kiel does not know ASL...yet.  He was awesome!  Everyone loved him.  And after he left I couldn't count how many comments I got about how handsome he is.  Everyone is convinced we are going to have quite the looker for a baby!

As you can see this has been a pretty awesome week!



-The Weekly List -

How far along? 29 weeks (1 day...ooops!)

Total weight gain/loss: +17.  So I actually lost 2 pounds this week.  It has to be due to my diet.  I have been really conscious of not only the sugar I consume, but also carbs.  I did pass my diabetes test, but I didn't pass with flying colors.  The doctor told me not to worry, and I'm not worrying but it was just what I needed to get my head on straight.  However, I have been consuming the leftover cake from my shower.  It is from Mike's Pastry in the North End in Boston.  People wait in line to get into this shop and once you have one treat from them you will know why!

Maternity clothes? Yeah, and I'm actually growing out of some!  What's up with that?!?!  Some of my maternity shirts are becoming too short!

Stretch marks? None!

Sleep: It wasn't good on the babymoon.  The bed was too soft!  I still am able to get several hours of solid sleep.  I hope this continues!

Best moment this week: My shower!  Time with my husband on our babymoon.  Talking more about baby names.  I still honestly don't think we will have a name solidified until he comes.  Being able to share the news that I am going to be an AUNTIE!!

Miss Anything? No, and I didn't have to give up chocolate!  I guess you could add tying my shoes to the list.  I hate not being able to bend over!

Movement: Lots!  So much so that Kiel was able to see him moving out of the corner of his eye last night while he was watching TV.  That is how much this kid is moving now!

Food cravings: None, I feel really non-pregnant when it comes to the food thing now!

Food aversions: Nope!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nothing!

Ailments: For several days this week I had a horrible pain in the top right part of my uterus.  At first I was thinking he had kicked, and possibly bruised my rib.  The pain just didn't go away.  Then, after several hours I began to feel better only to have it come back a few hours later.  It was quite painful.  So after dealing with the pain for 3 days I emailed my doctor.  A nurse called me a few hours later and scolded me for not calling.  Anytime I have pain I am supposed to call apparently. I just thought I was probably experiencing a typical pregnancy ailment, and honestly I probably was, but anytime I feel the need to contact my doctor due to pain, I must do it via phone call, not email!   So after talking for several minutes about my symptoms, the nurse consulted with the doctor and they both seemed to think I was experiencing muscular/skeletal stretching.  It seems like my ribs and the muscles around them are expanding and that is where the pain is from.  I am now happy to report that I haven't felt the severe pain since Friday!

Have you started to show yet: Oh yeah!

Gender prediction: Perfect little baby boy!

Labor Signs: None that I noticed this week.      

Belly Button in or out? Flat and still a bit raw, but not painful in anyway. 

Wedding rings on or off? On, but getting tight....bummer...

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, grateful and excited!

Looking forward to: Finishing painting the baby's room-we started today.  I'll post pictures tomorrow. Organizing his closet, I got a cool closet organizer today!  Decorating the room and cleaning up all the baby goods that have taken over the guest room! Seeing little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment