Monday, April 23, 2012

30 Weeks


Waaaaay back at the beginning of my pregnancy I thought 30 weeks was pretty much the end.   I can't believe we still have 10 more weeks to go!  I don't know if I have 10 more weeks of growing left in me!  Where is he going to go????

Overall I am feeling great-pregnancy-wise. But horrible allergy-wise!  Since Friday I have been suffering from the New England seasonal allergies that wreck me each year.  I have not been sleeping well and I just feel like garbage.  Luckily, today I had my 4 week check-up and asked my doctor if I can take anything.  I was surprised to hear I can pretty much take anything.  Since we already had Zyrtec, I popped one of those and I already feel like I am out of the allergy fog.  Yeah, I'm still congested, my throat is still sore, and my breathing is still not great, but WOW, I am feeling a whole lot better!

At the doctor, all of my urine tests came back normal.  No sugar.  No protein.  That means no worrying about diabetes or preeclampsia!

According to the doc, my fundal height is measuring 30 cm.  I am not convinced she accurately measures this!  Oh well!

And in best news....I have only gained 2 pounds since my last appointment 4 weeks ago.  That is a lot better than my 8 pounds in 3 weeks that I toppled the scale with at my last appointment.

Now my appointments will be every 2 weeks until the last month.  Crazy!  We are getting down to the wire!



-The Weekly List -

How far along? 30 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: +18 pounds.   Ten weeks left and I still have 7-17 pounds to play with.  I'd really like to stay under the +30 pound mark though!

Maternity clothes? Of course

Stretch marks? None!  10 more weeks I can do it!!

Sleep: Last week it started off great, but now it is yucky, but only due to my allergies. 

Best moment this week: Finding time to relax.  Painting Little Boy's room.  Doing his laundry and hanging up his clothes.  Practically finishing my letter collection for my ABC Wall!  (I only have X left to find. I actually found an i, but I haven't taken the picture yet!  Shopping for cute little boy clothes!

Miss Anything? Not really, but with the nice weather last week, I was really craving a frozen margarita!  That passed though!  

Movement: Tons and tons.  And he is totally stretching out my sides.  

Food cravings: Still none

Food aversions: Thankfully no!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nothing!

Ailments: I have been feeling great!  Luckily the adverse side effects of the third trimester haven't kicked in yet!

Have you started to show yet: Oh yeah!

Gender prediction: Perfect little baby boy!

Labor Signs: None!  

Belly Button in or out? Flat and still a bit raw, but not painful in anyway....still 

Wedding rings on or off? On, and still getting a little snug :(

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, grateful and excited! Feeling good right now!

Looking forward to: Getting the room in order.  Meeting little boy.  Getting through these last 10 weeks pain free (ha!)

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your baby bump!! You look so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if you read my blog when I was pregnant and first had Jansen... but I gained 38 pounds and delivered at 36.5 weeks. Also, I didn't know I was in labor. It's a good story if you haven't heard it!

    You're in the home stretch! The days are long but time is flying... It'll be the same once he's here. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was reading your blog at the time, but not religiously! I started checking it out when you were doing your Biggest Loser posts.

      I do vaguely remember your birth story though. I'll have to go back and check it out soon! I have a feeling my little bugger might make his appearance around the same time Jansen made his!

      Delete