Saturday, April 21, 2012

Randoms

Since I can't get my thoughts together here is a rundown of some stuff on my mind/going on right now...

1.  Both Kiel and I have been sick with allergies.  He is worse off than me and even went to the doctor for some drugs.  I wasn't feeling so bad...until last night.  Being pregnant isn't so bad, but being pregnant and sick and not being able to take any medicine is BAD!   Ugh...I hope this goes away.  I have my monthly check up on Monday so we shall see what the doctor says....

2.  I finished painting the baby's room.  I haven't taken a picture to post yet, but I will very soon.   It is looking just the way I wanted it to.  We just have to add a chair rail, finish the dresser, hang the curtains, put up some shelves and we will be pretty much done!  I can't wait!  

3.  The other day I went to get Kiel some allergy medicine at CVS.  First, I wasn't surprised that I had to bring a little card back to the pharmacy since they can't keep certain drugs out in the open anymore.  Then I was a little surprised when she carded me.  I have been carded for random stuff over the years like whipped cream in a can.   But then she scanned the barcode on the back of my license.  Really?  I had no idea they monitor drugs that can be used to make methamphetamine.  Now I am in a national meth database!  And if I try buying drugs somewhere else I could be red-flagged.  Just wanted to share that, that totally blew my mind the other day.

4.  I stepped on the scale last night and realized that I have lost 5 pounds in the past two weeks.  I am slightly concerned but not overly worried since I haven't noticed any change in fetal movement.  He is clearly happy and healthy kicking around in there.  Obviously, I googled it and found that many women plateau or lose weight during weeks 28-32 since our stomachs are pretty compact now.  Since I have been on vacation I haven't been on a regular eating schedule so it is hard for me to gauge how much I have been eating, but I guess there is a good chance I have not been stuffing my face as often or with as much as I had been.  I also have been eating a little better since the whole diabetes scare.

5.  I finished the Hunger Games trilogy yesterday.  I was not impressed.  Yes, you can now bash me.  I just didn't see what all they hype was about.  The final book was almost painful for me to get through!  A part of me wishes I had just stopped on the first book.  That was by far the best!

6. Today I am forcing myself to leave the house and step out into the air that makes me feel so sick.  The other day I bought this perfect closet organizer for the baby.  I was super excited for these little tags that it came with that you can use to separate the different sizes.  Well, obviously those tabs were not in the box!  Grrrr...things like that make me so angry.  Then I hope to just chill here doing laundry, hanging clothes, and trying to organize some of little boy's toys.

7.  I bought a box of tinker toys the other day.  So now I have 2 more letters to check off my ABC wall list.  I wanted to find more letters this week, but I just can't get it together.  Hopefully, I'm feeling better tomorrow and can pick up another letter or two.   Then I will need some help painting and hanging them up.  Any takers????

2 comments:

  1. I'll help you with the ABC wall! Just let me know when you want to do it! xoxo baby sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll help, too! you should have a crafty day at your house...you'd also be checking off one of those things on your 30-list!! :) *lcd

    ReplyDelete