Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ten on Tuesday


Again I got these questions from Roots and Rings. The questions are provided by Sue at Simon's Sista Saw (She’s not American, can you tell?!)
1. Do you prefer fabric or plastic plasters? (or Band-Aids if American)
I never once even thought about fabric versus plastic bandaids.  Kiel, however prefers the fabric ones so that is what I get now.  

2. Do you prefer gel pens, biro or fine liners for everyday writing?
I am not one of those people who has a pen fetish.  I pretty much use whatever I can find.  Our home has a hodgepodge of free pens we have gotten from various places.  

3. Do you have a fear or needles/dentists/blood (if all three, which is the worst) and is there a story behind it?
I don't really fear any of these things.  I used to HATE needles and blood, but I have had so many blood tests over the years I have gotten over it.  I still can't look at the needle or blood when it is drawn, and I can't even watch stuff like that on TV.  I don't really like the dentist, but I don't particularly fear it either. 

4. Do you like jelly?  Do you eat it at any time other than when poorly?
Jelly is jelly.  I don't love it, but I don't hate it.  I only eat it with peanut butter on a sandwich.  I don't like it in donuts or where ever else you might find it.  No matter how "poor" I am, I have never skimped on food! 

5. What are your Easter traditions? (if not Christian, insert your own meaningful festival here and tell us about that instead)
When we were kids, we would color hard boiled eggs a few days before Easter.  We also would have Easter egg hunts inside and outside depending on the weather.  My sister and I would go to the mall and have our picture taken with the creepy bunny.  On my Greek side we play the egg cracking game where we knock our eggs together and the person with the strongest egg is the winner.  

6. What’s your favourite book that you have read so far this year?
Either Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy or The Hunger Games.  As much as I have enjoyed reading the books, I am just not as into them as the rest of the world. 

7. Do you have any magazine subscriptions or recommendations that we should know about?
I get so many magazines for free, I actually can't stand it.  I have so many...US Weekly, Parents, Parent and Child, Glamour, Cosmo, Fitness.  If you want any let me know!  I want to get rid of them!!

8. Favourite etsy store (if you know the owner IRL, also include your favourite that you didn’t originally know IRL)?
I have never purchased anything from etsy.  I have browsed a few times, but that's about it. 

9. If you had play money (£100/$150) that could only be used on shoes, what shoes would you buy?
A couple of pairs of Toms.  I don't have any yet and I really want a pair or two!

10. If you were going pet shopping tomorrow, what would you choose?
I wouldn't want to get another pet at this point.  I love my cats and I don't want another animal to take any attention away from them!  Sometimes I log for a dog.  I think it would be nice to have one to walk/run with.  But I think a baby will do!

5 comments:

  1. i think that the easter bunny gets more and more scary as i get older....creepy with a capital 'C'!! :) *

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need some Toms. I have 5 and I wish I had 10, they are that fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI: in the UK jelly= jello. Hence the when you are feeling poorly comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hahaha! I was thinking poorly was another way for them to say poor! Haha! I guess I read into the question too much! My face is red now!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for playing along with my set of questions. I really had no idea how much would get lost in translation between Aussie/British to American/Canadian but I'm having a great time reading all the answers. Kate was spot on with her jelly comment. Question should have been do you eat jell

    ReplyDelete