Tuesday, April 24, 2012

10 on Tuesday

Here is this week's installment of random questions provided by Chelsea at Roots and Rings.  


1. Would you rather give up pedicures or flat/curling irons?
Pedicures-since I have only had 2, yes 2, in my life.  One before my wedding and one last year to celebrate a friend being cancer-free!   I think I want to go for another before baby boy gets here though!  Oh, and I totally need my flat iron.  My hair is not very pretty without it!

2. Does your middle name have a family meaning?
Yes!  My middle name is Acimo and it is my grandmother's name.  If you would like more info, click on this old blog post!

3. Do you like to sneeze?
I hate sneezing!  I am one of those people who can't sneeze once, so it is super annoying!  It is also dangerous.  Like when I am driving and I sneeze 10 times in a row and my eyes are pretty much closed the whole time.   And now I have to remember to squeeze when I sneeze-if you catch my drift...

4. Do you think kids should need to learn cursive?
I am torn with this.  Being a teacher I kind of want them to know how to read cursive, but I am not someone who requires them to write in cursive.  Other than signing my name, I don't ever write in cursive so why should they?!?!

5. When you go to the beach for the day, what do you take?
A big sheet, towels (that I use mostly for pillows since I rarely swim in the ocean), fruit, my current book, magazines, water, sunblock, sunglasses, my chair, and hopefully a friend!  I can't wait until next summer and I can bring a cute little boy with me.  I think he might be a little too young this year!  

6. Which decade had the best music?
Wow!  I am so torn!  I love music from all decades.  However, since I am an 80's child, I think I have to go with the 80's!!!

7. Are you a good hand-shaker?
I'd like to think so.  No one has ever told me one way or another!

8. Do you have a go-to meal for when you are at a restaurant and you can’t decide?
I don't.  If I were Kiel I would say Chicken Parm, cuz that is all he gets everywhere.  I like trying different things.  This weekend I went out to dinner with my friend Holly and we both couldn't decide so we got two different meals and shared.  That was the best possible solution and I wish I did that more often! 

9. Do you have slippers?
Yes!  A pair my grandmother gave me that she didn't like, so you can only imagine what they look like!  We have tile in the kitchen and bathrooms and it gets really cold so I have to walk around with slippers, especially in the winter!

10. Are you easily grossed out?
Yeah, I am one of those people.  I'm hoping having a little boy will help with my issues of being grossed out by things!  (Being a teacher has definitely helped!)

2 comments:

  1. acimo is a really cool middle name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only had a handful of pedicures in my life & I treated myself to one a few days before Oliver was born. It's a real treat for tired, preggo feet and at least one thing that will survive the travails of childbirth intact!

    ReplyDelete