Thursday, April 12, 2012

The 2nd Trimester: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

So now it is time to reflect on the "Honeymoon Trimester."  Although the second tri did start off rough, I eventually got into a groove and pregnancy actually became enjoyable.

The Good

  • By 18 Weeks I was feeling great.  The back pain had disappeared, I didn't have any nausea or other symptoms and besides a little bump I felt like my old self.
  • By 20 weeks I actually had a visible bump and started looking more pregnant than fat!
  • I eventually overcame all the exhaustion. 
  • I had quite an appetite and chocolate tasted good again!!!
  • We got to see baby "gender unknown" on the TV screen again. 
  • I began to feel movement relatively early-I think it was about 17 weeks. 
  • Kiel felt baby boy move on Valentine's Day-20 weeks
  • I began to SEE the baby moving in my belly!
  • I started registering for all the baby goodies
  • We started working on the room...well planning it anyway. 
  • I was able to notice that baby boy recognizes our voices. 
  • I got to start shopping for some super cute boy clothes.  Yes, they do exist!
The Bad
  • It took a long time to start showing so I felt people thought I was gaining weight and not actually pregnant.
  • At the beginning of this trimester I had horrible lower back pain and I was convinced I would be in pain the whole pregnancy.  That diminished by week 14 or so. (28 weeks now and virtually no pain!)
  • Round ligament pain was rather annoying during the "teen" weeks.  
  • Heartburn began!
  • When movement stopped or slowed down for extended periods of time I freaked out!
  • Sleeping became uncomfortable. 
  • It became hard to do every day tasks: tying shoes, washing dishes, picking things up, eating and not making a mess. 
  • I became even more emotional than normal!

The Ugly The Awesome
Sorry I had to change this.  There really wasn't anything ugly about the 2nd trimester!  I hope all preggo chicks feel this way too!  We deserve a "Honeymoon" after all the stuff we dealt with during the first trimester!
  • We had our wonderful gender reveal party with our family and friends.  One of the best days of my life! 
  • I get to spend every waking and nonwaking second with this amazing little baby. 
  • We both are starting to form a strong bond with the baby
  • Kiel and I have become much closer and talk more about the important stuff.   (Each day I am further convinced I have chosen the most perfect husband in the world!)


No comments:

Post a Comment