Thursday, February 2, 2012

B-Books




Being a teacher means that books and reading are a huge part of my life.  For as long as I can remember, I have loved reading and being read to.  

At this point Baby S has more books than clothes, and I hope this is a trend we continue through his or her life.  I want my child(ren) to develop a deep love of reading since it truly does open doors (cliche, I know!).  School always came so much easier to me since reading was not chore for me like it was for most other kids.  

I just bought the two books pictured above on Tuesday night when I was shopping for books for a coworker who is expecting on March 7th (I am so freaking excited to meet her little boy!).  Obviously I couldn't not get something for my baby.   When I read these books I fell in love.  I could totally visualize the two of us reading our daddy and mommy stories and acting out all the kissing with the baby (kissing the baby, not each other!).  I am sure these will be favorites around the house for a few years to come!  

What was your favorite story to hear as a child?   What story do you love reading to your little one?

1 comment:

  1. i loved all little golden books, madeline, the big book of mr. small, mike mulligan & his steamshovel, the velveteen rabbit and a special 'holiday' book called the sweet smell of christmas. i also loved the 'little critter' series! :) *lcd

    ReplyDelete