Tuesday, February 21, 2012

U-United States of America



Okay, finding a U was a stretch.  But then it just occurred to me...Kiel and I were watching CNN the other day and he said, "Thank God we live here."  We all have said it before, but this time it really meant something to me.

Perhaps it is because I am carrying a baby and I am so happy we live in a place where my child can become anything he wants.

We don't have to fight for food or simple freedoms.

We can step outside our home whenever we want.

I can wear any clothes that I want.

I can speak my mind.

We take so much for granted everyday, but I am so grateful and proud to call myself an American.  There is no other place in the world where I'd rather raise my family!

1 comment:

  1. Nice pick! I'm a little embarrassed that as a History teacher I didn't choose the USA :)

    ReplyDelete