Monday, February 27, 2012

22 Weeks



So last night I realized that I have known I was pregnant for 18 weeks now.  And I have 18 more to go.  This is taking forever!

I am beginning to really look and FEEL pregnant.  Thankfully, my back pain only occurred during weeks 12-15.  I don't know what was causing it then, but if I had to deal with that in addition to what my belly is going through now, I would be miserable.

Basically, my biggest complaint is that it feels like I have done a pretty intense ab workout.  My abs just feel so sore right now!  And every now and then I get this sharp pain on the right side of my pelvis.  Yes, I know, it is the ligaments stretching.  But, WOW, it hurts.

So my freak out of the week happened from 3-5 a.m on Saturday morning.  I woke up and didn't remember feeling the baby move much on Friday, and he hadn't moved at all throughout the night, which was really odd.  So I tossed and turned and waited to feel some movement . . . nothing.  Kiel woke up in the middle of this and asked if I was okay.  I said, "We might have to go to the ER this morning."  His response, "Ok, just let me know."  Well, I stayed up for a bit longer and still didn't feel him.  Somehow I managed to fall asleep and had the most wonderful dream ever...

I saw our baby boy.  He was about 14 months or so and he looked very similar to my brother as a baby (and my brother looked almost like me, so maybe little boy will look more like Mama than Daddy??)  He was laying down on the couch and looked up at me and smiled.  He said and signed at the same time "Appy!  Appy!" (Happy).  Waddled off the couch and came and gave me a huge hug.  

To say that was the best dream ever is a total understatement.  For someone who doesn't remember dreams often, I'm so happy my brain decided to hold on tightly to this one.

Shortly thereafter, I woke up and began feeling him move again.  What a relief!



-The Weekly List -

How far along? 22 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: +4 pounds.  Although I feel like +50 today!   

Maternity clothes? Yeppers

Stretch marks? Not yet. 

Sleep: Slept nice and late almost everyday last week.  I was not happy when I woke up at 3:30 this morning and just waited for my alarm to go off.  But on the bright side it gave me a solid hour to feel baby boy squirming.  

Best moment this week: Having that super cool dream.  

Miss Anything? Not really. 

Movement: Yep, a little less than last week, but still moving.  

Food cravings: Salad, fruit, chocolate, ice cream

Food aversions: Nothing. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope

Ailments: Stretching pains, trouble bending over already!  

Have you started to show yet: Yep!  When a kindergartener asked me today, "Are you having a baby?" I know there is no denying I'm preggo.  At least I don't look as fat anymore, definitely have more bumpage going on.  

Gender prediction: Boy

Labor Signs: No, but Jenny McCarthy has officially freaked me out.  (More on that in a post later this week. ) 

Belly Button in or out? In! Stay in pretty please!!  

Wedding rings on or off? Off, but only due to a stupid burn blister.  If you are my facebook friend, you know how awful it is!  Hopefully, I can get my rings back on before my fingers decide to swell!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy.  And I was super surprised when I remained happy ALL day at work today!

Looking forward to: Refinishing our antique dressers for baby boy, feeling a hardcore kick! 



1 comment: