Tuesday, February 7, 2012

G-Greek

I will have a full post dedicated to the gender reveal soon.  Don't worry, it will have photos, videos, and an explanation of the whole day.  Until I can get that stuff together I'll post about being a GREEK!

I am half Greek.  That means my baby will be a quarter Greek.  It is kind of sad that with each generation our rich culture gets a little me diluted.  But I guess that is what being an American is all about.

My whole life I have loved being Greek.  I loved learning how to Greek dance at an early age.  I loved learning how to cook and eat Greek food.   I loved meeting other Greeks and having an instant connection because being Greek is so special.  I'm not exactly sure what makes it different than other nationalities, but I am so proud to be Greek.

Kiel and I were lucky enough to travel to Greece for our honeymoon.  It was amazing to final see where my family was from.  I loved the culture, the food, the architecture, the views, the language, everything about it was amazing!   I'd just like to share some pictures from that day and our wedding.

Enjoy....

 Me passing out koufta. A Greek tradition.  (08.08.08)


Yiayia made tons of cookies and baklava!  Yum!



Greek Dancing with Yiayia, Corey, and the rest of the family. 



A Greek flag at the Parthenon. 



Us in front of the Parthenon (August 2008)



The Temple of Zeus-Athens. 



A Greek Church in Mykonos. 

The streets in Mykonos. 



Us in front of the famous Mykonos Windmills. 



A friendly bird.



A castle in Crete (I believe)



The Santorini Volcano



Lunch right on the water in Santorini.



Church in Santorini

A view from a restaurant in Santorini.  

We are hoping to go back for our 25th wedding anniversary.  If we do, we might just spend the whole time on Santorini.  That island was freaking amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment