Saturday, February 4, 2012

D-Daddy


Kiel has played many roles in his life: Son, brother, friend, teammate, student, boss, employee, boyfriend, husband, and the list could go on and on.  It is hard to believe that in five short months he will take on a new role for the rest of his life-Daddy.

He hasn't shared much about his thoughts on being a dad with me.  I tried to get him to sign up for a fathering class at our hospital and he refused, instead he will be going to all the others (including the breast feeding class) with me.  He is convinced that everything he needs to know he can learn from one of his friends who is already a daddy.

Honestly, I don't think he needs his friends.  He is going to be amazing without the help of anyone!   I have attentively watched him interact with various children and animals throughout our relationship and I have not a doubt in my mind he will be a fantastic daddy.

Sometimes I wonder if he will be better than me at the whole parenting thing.  I know all (or most) of the theories on parenting, have had years of training, and tons of experience teaching and discipling kids.  But I am not 100% sure I will be able to carry over all of my theoretical and work practices into my own home.  Knowing me, I will overanalyze everything, and he will just do what feels right.  That is what is going to make him a better parent.

I am so happy that he will be a daddy so soon.  Seeing him father our child will be the most beautiful sight in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment