Monday, February 20, 2012

T-Themes

So I have tried to avoid the whole "theme" thing when planning stuff for the baby.  But I am such a thematic person.  I think it has to do with the fact that I'm a teacher.  I guess I will just have to deal with the fact that everything I "design" will have some sort of a theme.  So here are the themes I have started or  planning...

Today we began our registry. To use a teacher term, what we have now is a very rough draft.  We have some of the basics, but left a bunch of stuff off.  However, I did pick out the pack 'n play and car seat/stroller system.  And they happen to have the same theme.
Graco Pack 'n Play Playard with Newborn Napper Elite - Elefanta

Graco Stylus LX Travel System Stroller - Elefanta

I knew I wanted this specific style of car seat because it was the top rated in my baby bargains book.  And when we saw this pack 'n play I knew I had to get it since I do not want to buy a changing table and I was struggling with whether or not to get a bassinet or co-sleeper and this solves all problems.  

When it comes to the crib bedding I am having a really hard time finding exactly what I want.  I do know I want primary colors-mostly red and blue.  But I don't want a boat or sports theme.  Nearly all primary color bedding sets have those two themes.  I would just like to find an argyle or plaid that I like with primary colors, but those are hard to come by apparently.  So I have come to terms with an ABC bedding theme.  But all the ABC themed primary color bedding sets also have animals all over them.  So who knows what I will get!  

I have already started collecting some "old school" toys to decorate the room with.  I know I do what a very "antiquey"feel in baby boy's room.   

And the last theme surrounding the pregnancy (for now) is my baby shower theme.  I have found some pretty cool ABC baby shower themes on pinterest.  Being a teacher, how could I resist??

I'll keep you updated when we find bedding and other things for baby.  





2 comments:

  1. We are so much alike it is scary. :) I have had all of the same concerns and definitely did not want any themes with animals, modes of transportation or sports. We went with blue and brown. I will keep my eye out for you, but I really like what you have picked. ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too wanted the primary red and blue theme. As you said, everything was nautical, overtly patriotic, or sports related. We ended up with different colors and just buying things as separates. Since the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends no bumper or quilt inside the crib anyway, it was easier to step back from buying a big coordinated set and look for individual pieces that we liked.

    ReplyDelete