Monday, February 13, 2012

M-Mama

For as long as I could remember I have wanted to be a mommy.  Even though I was never really into dolls as a child, I did have a few and I loved taking care of them.

I loved visiting and holding babies.

I loved helping my mom take care of my brother.

I loved being a nurturer.

Many girls go through at least a short stage in life where they say, "I never want to have children."  I never had that stage and never understood how my friends could say that!  I always knew I wanted to be a mom-obviously, not when I was a teenager, but at some point.

With all that being said, I am freaking out that my dream is about to come true.

I am about to take on the biggest job of my life and I didn't even have to interview for it.  I didn't have to pass a drug test, get a background check, or pass a proficiency test.  How in the world will I know for sure if I am ready?

I guess I just have to take a deep breath and know that I will make mistakes (EEK-I am such a perfectionist!), but everything will be okay in the end.

On or around July 2nd I will take on the biggest job of my life.  Ready or not, there is no turning back-I'm going to be a MAMA!

2 comments:

  1. You'd think that there would be some sort of MTEL equivalent, wouldn't you! ;) I am constantly amazed at how often I feel that I can't possibly be qualified for this job... but I guess that's what "on the job training" is for!
    Did you sign up for a childbirth class yet? Our teacher was "champ" if you are looking for a recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!

      I signed up for classes right at my hospital and will start in April. I signed up for four different classes: childbirth, nursing, first aid/CPR, and one more that I can never remember. I can't wait to start!

      Delete