Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Week 20


Life is moving along.  Not much to speak of which is good.

I went to the doctor yesterday and everything is perfect.  I am lucky to be having a very easy pregnancy!  Baby boy is great, all tests came back negative, and he continues to grow.  His growing is really starting to hurt.  I have been experiencing round ligament pain quite often now.  Last Thursday the pain got quite severe, but once I got into bed I felt so much better.

Last Wednesday I tried prenatal yoga for the first time and it was absolutely amazing.  I didn't really know what to expect going into it and my mind was totally blown away.  I love how the instructor just had a baby 3 months ago and totally knows what we are going through.  There was only one other person in the class so we got individualized instruction, which was another plus.  She had the most amazing why of getting us to connect with our babies and, umm, yeah, I may have shed a few tears.  When I got home I felt like I was walking taller, had no aches or pains, and I slept perfectly!  I would be going back tomorrow, but I got a call yesterday saying they had to close the studio for the month and won't resume classes till March.  Needless to say, I was incredibly bummed!



-The Weekly List -

How far along? 20 Weeks 1 day

Total weight gain/loss: Went to the doc yesterday and I am exactly at my prepregnancy weight.  So zero pounds gained and zero pounds lost!  

Maternity clothes? Everyday, but I can still get away with some longer non-maternity clothes.  

Stretch marks? Still none, but the baby boy is growing!

Sleep: Feeling really exhausted this week.  I am so ready for vacation next week! 

Best moment this week: Hearing baby boy's heart beat at the doctor yesterday.  Getting to see baby Savannah on Sunday.  I have so much to look forward to!     

Miss Anything? Really only deli meat.  What's up with all the Subway commercials?  Febru-any-any! Driving me nuts!

Movement: Yes, but not as much as before, but that is normal.  I was reassured that everything was still good when we heard him yesterday!

Food cravings: Fruit and salad. 

Food aversions: Nothing really.  Just peanut butter, I guess.  Almonds are fine though!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Still no, Thank Goodness!

Ailments: Still nasal congestion, the ligaments stretching, bending over is getting more difficult.   

Have you started to show yet: Yep.  Let me remind you that the outfit above is so UNFLATTERING.  I don't look that fat, I really do look better in maternity clothes!

Gender prediction: Boy!

Labor Signs: NO

Belly Button in or out? In still

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Very moody.  I hate feeling like I could snap at any minute.  I am so grateful to have a vacation next week!

Looking forward to: Getting the crib delivered!  Registering with Kiel this weekend (if we can handle it) and know that it will be a work in progress!  

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Prenatal yoga is the best. I hope that the studio reopens soon.

    ReplyDelete